Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #1

Oven wouldn't ignite

We had purchased a brand new 2016 FR 26VFKS TT about a year ago, but couldn't use it until this summer. On our second trip, in June we were camping by the Cache la Poudre River West of Fort Collins, Colorado. Mrs. Ornery was going to heat up some Tator Tots® in the oven. Well, I got the pilot to light no problem. But when I turned the control to 400º, the burner tube wouldn't ignite. It would start to ignite but then it would go out. This went on for maybe 2 or 3 minutes so we decided to heat them on the stove top.
I hadn't had chance to go camping again this summer because of a motorcycle injury. But I was winterizing the TT and decided to look at that oven again. What I discovered was the burner tube was not lined up with the gas orifice at the back of the oven! This condition could have been very dangerous had I kept attempting to let the oven burner tube ignite.
To fix, there is a single bolt holding the front of the burner tube to the front bottom of the fixed shelf just above the burner tube. I removed the bolt, lined up the back of the tube with the orifice and replaced the bolt.

Where is the quality control in these units!

2015 F250 Super Duty
2016 26VFKS
ornery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for relaying this info. Hopefully it'll help someone having the same problem in the future.