Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #1

Problem with Toshiba Audio thru Concertone Revealed

After wrestling with a problem of trying to get my Toshiba 32" Flatpanel TV audio to play thru the Concertone Unit for a week or so I have a solution. I had searched all topics and come across lots of help but none cured my problem of when I connected the audio out from the TV I got this constant Thumping thru all speakers no matter what function I selected. I even carried the TT back to the dealer and was told the unit did not play audio from the TV. After pulling the TV and Concertone unit off the wall numerous times I was pretty familiar with all the connections. After finally giving up and resigning myself that I would have to be satisfied with the TV speaker supplying the audio I quit worrying about it.

Of all the places I was in the shower and I started wondering why the Audio Cable was hooked to the Concertone AV2L and AV2R but hooked to the Toshiba Video in Red and White? Shouldn't one be an input and the other an output? I decided that the DVD would probably only need the Video in (Yellow) as the audio should be supplied by the Concertone unit to the surround speakers. I disconnected the red and white RCA connectors at the TV panel and hooked them to the Audio out RCA Connectors at the bottom right corner of the TV. All is right in Toshiba/Concertone World.

Sorry for the long post but I feel the need to relish my minor conquest of a problem that has been bugging me for the 3 weeks I have owned my new TT. Hope this is clear as mud but if needed I could upload a picture or two to help. Thanks to everyone for their inputs as the whole finally came together in my tiny brain to resolve this problem.
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:48 AM   #2

The three cables from the Concertone were plugged into the back of the Toshiba panel indicated by the yellow arrows.

I disconnected the two audio cables (red and white) and plugged them into here at the bottom corner of the television.

Now when I select AV2 I have great sound from the television to my speakers in the ceiling. Life is good!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

Good catch.
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #4

So simple when you think about it, but missed by so many......

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #5

What was really weird is that when I plugged the audio out from the Toshiba into the input jacks on the Game/Input TT panel I got this constant thumping noise no matter what I selected on the Concertone Unit. Can't wait to get up to the beach this weekend and really shakedown our new unit.