Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #1

Progressive Industries EMC

Yes, I've done the searches on this forum for this answer. Yes, I sent an email to PI and got a reply that there system is down for repairs. So--I'm practically sitting here with my finger on the button to order a "Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C" unit. In reading reviews of this product I came across the statement the PI will not honor a warranty on this unit IF it is not installed by a "qualified dealer". Are we talking about an RV dealer or a PI dealer? IMO: No where do I read that the installer should be a "qualified electrician". My experience with RV dealers is that they do not have "qualified electricians", they only have someone who can get the job done. Me? Forty-two years Industrial Maintenance working with AC and DC voltages ranging from 6vDC all the way up to 4160vAC/three phase. Nine years holding a Journeyman Electrician card. Does anyone have specific knowledge that Progressive Industries will not honor their warranty IF the consumer installs the unit?

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Yes, I've done the searches on this forum for this answer. Yes, I sent an email to PI and got a reply that there system is down for repairs. So--I'm practically sitting here with my finger on the button to order a "Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C" unit. In reading reviews of this product I came across the statement the PI will not honor a warranty on this unit IF it is not installed by a "qualified dealer". Are we talking about an RV dealer or a PI dealer? IMO: No where do I read that the installer should be a "qualified electrician". My experience with RV dealers is that they do not have "qualified electricians", they only have someone who can get the job done. Me? Forty-two years Industrial Maintenance working with AC and DC voltages ranging from 6vDC all the way up to 4160vAC/three phase. Nine years holding a Journeyman Electrician card. Does anyone have specific knowledge that Progressive Industries will not honor their warranty IF the consumer installs the unit?

Yeah its bs, i dont trust anyone but myself. They should ask for installed photos to verify. But dunno
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #3

Unhappy

You bring up such a wonderful point here! This is typical legal ease to wiggle out of a warranted item. I read in one post, where I cannot recall currently, PI was a small mom and pop company that sold to a larger company or conglomerate in the last 1-2 years. Their customer service went down after that. Their products looks like a quality product, but don’t expect good customer service. It sounds as if you have more than adequate experience to correctly install a unit like this. I am in a similar situation as yours...I am capable to wire a house and have done so many times. Does that make me qualified? Is the guy at camping world more qualified?
BrettN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
progressive industries