Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #1

Range Hood Fan?

I have a question that may sound silly, do you Americans have a different name for the fan that goes above your stove to suck the smoke and steam out of the kitchen?

I was at the RV show this weekend and saw a few trailers with this, and figured it would be a nice little mod. However I cannot find them on any RV parts sites, so I am wondering if there is some other term I should be using?

Yes, I know I could use a household one- but with all the dry camping I do I would like it to run on 12 volt.

Other terms I have tried searching for are exhaust fan, stove fan, range fan, and every combination of those words.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #2

Try searching for rv range hood. Should pop up some links to 12v setups.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #3

Just Google 'RV range hood'. I just did and got a bunch of links.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #4

Try this, Ventline Vent Hoods for RV - Range Hood - PPL Motor Homes
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #5

Here is one available from PPL. Amazon.com has one as well.

btw...I'm not sure about the bilingual nature (American English vs. Canadian English) of the U.S. RV industry…but I was showing our camper to a colleague from Fort Saskatchewan, AB one time and he commented on how nice and roomy our “wash room” was.

SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #6

Thanks guys. Still not many results (and few that ship to Canada), but it looks like "range hood" was the phrase I needed.

SimchaSabre- funny you should mention the differences. Last year I was in the Philippines and my wife had to take care of some banking. Her brother and I were sitting on a hard wooden bench and he said to me "I am just going to go to the comfort room."

I thought that sounded like a great idea- until I found out that was the term they used for the rest room (or wash room.)

Then of course my favourite phrase to confuse Americans- "Pass me a serviette; I just spilled some poutine on the chesterfield."

(American translation in white font below)

Pass me a paper napkin, I just spilled some fries, gravy, and cheese on the sofa.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan