Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #1

Range Vent 2018 Puma BHKS Problem

I noticed when we got back from a trip this weekend that I'm missing the cover hood to my range vent and the latches on the bottom appear to be broken off. Pictures attached. Can anyone help identify the brand and possibly the model of this vent? I would like to buy a cover and a flap or a whole unit to rob those off of to avoid cutting and scraping the caulk and installing a whole new vent... looks like a pain and i'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks!
Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5965.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	184531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	184532  
PumaL5P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #2

Bump. Has anyone seen one of these and know what the brand is?
Old 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #3

Turns out that it was a Camco, ordered direct from Forest River and was pleasantly surprised how cheap and how fast they shipped me 2 of them... one for repair and one for a spare. Turns out they original was tightened onto the trailer inevenly and replacing only the hood part would have resulted in a repeat of the same problem. I replaced the whole thing and made sure it was straight and even, sealed it up with Geocel, and made sure the cover hood was super secure and i'm back 100%.

Also washed the trailer and a quick spray of Simply Awesome cleaner/degreaser from the dollar store followed by a brush with plenty of turtle wax car wash soap really took easy quick care of removing the streaks. Got her clean and dry and did a quick coat of wax with Babes Boat Bright and she is still shiny and new looking after a few weeks outside waiting for the next adventure.

Advice given to grease the wheel bearings was solid... took probably a hundred pumps on each wheel to get the hub filled up to the point that some grease came through the outside bearing, they were almost completely dry. Also tightening up the suspension fasteners and lugnuts found lots of loose stuff that might have came to haunt on my long trip planned for early October to Alabama. I found 3 lugs loose, 4 shackle bolts that needed 2-3 turns to be tight, and also the leaf spring U bolts needed to be snugged as well. Feeling better and better about being prepared for the upcoming trip.

Tags
puma, vent