Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2022, 06:53 PM   #1

Refrigerator

I have a 2020 forest river flagstaff. My refrigerator in the outside kitchen stopped working all of a sudden. I have the breakers inside the trailer and non were tripped. I checked the thermostat control inside the fridge and it was not turned off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:27 PM   #2

You really did not give us much info to help you...
1. Is it a Gas/Electric absorption fridge or Electric only?
2. Does the fridge have any lights on..... Is it getting power?
3. Is there any yellow substance around the outside of the fridge (access cover on outside of RV)?

My fridge did not work when my 2021 Sierra was brand new. The condensor coils had a puncture and the "yellow stuff" leaked out so it could no longer cool. Had the coil assembly replaced under warranty. Pretty significant job performed by my favorite FR authorized service repair house.
RV Bicyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:29 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I have a 2020 forest river flagstaff. My refrigerator in the outside kitchen stopped working all of a sudden. I have the breakers inside the trailer and non were tripped. I checked the thermostat control inside the fridge and it was not turned off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Yep, you need to provide more information about the fridge. Like make and model number.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 09:30 AM   #4

If the refrigerator is outside, it may be on a GFCI outlet that may be tripped inside the unit.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:01 AM   #5

"suddenly" losing function sounds like a power issue.

Would be helpful to know make/model/style of outside fridge. Even understanding what TT you have could help, as well (ie. "2020 forest river flagstaff" points to one year (2020) and one brand (Flagstaff) under the Forest River umbrella).

I have a Rockwood Roo 235S (with an outdoor fridge) that is identical to the Flagstaff Shamrock 235S. The outdoor fridge is a 110v dorm-style fridge that is actually plugged in to an outlet/small power strip behind the fridge itself. Some owners have stated their outdoor fridges have not functioned, only to find that the plug was not plugged in.

In the case of a 110v fridge (and if your fridge/setup is like mine), I'd look on that side of things first (that would be: inverter/shore power, the circuit breakers (not the fuses), the GCFI outlet (likely in the bathroom), the outlet/power strip behind the fridge, etc).

Hope this helps.
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 10:31 AM   #6

It's likely a small dorm style fridge and they are usually plugged into a standard outlet. If I were you I'd plug something else into that outlet to see if it's getting power.
Curt Trutrack WDH
HD Roadmaster Active Suspension
3200 Firman Generator/Inverter
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfishing View Post
It's likely a small dorm style fridge and they are usually plugged into a standard outlet. If I were you I'd plug something else into that outlet to see if it's getting power.

Yep, what he said. Thats likely a GFCI outlet (or a regular outlet on a GFCI circuit) you may need to find the nearest outlet and press Reset.
kfd82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator