Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #1

Refrigerator does not work

Hello. I have a 2020 Wolf Pup 16BHS. We found our travel trailer's Ferrion refrigerator and also the outside fridge still warm this morning even with the battery connected and the propane gas tank open since yesterday at 4:00 pm. The light inside the Ferrion fridge is on, but it doesn't seem to cool and I don't see any switch or button in or around it. Can someone have any idea what the problem is?
Emiliop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliop View Post
Hello. I have a 2020 Wolf Pup 16BHS. We found our travel trailer's Ferrion refrigerator and also the outside fridge still warm this morning even with the battery connected and the propane gas tank open since yesterday at 4:00 pm. The light inside the Ferrion fridge is on, but it doesn't seem to cool and I don't see any switch or button in or around it. Can someone have any idea what the problem is?
Well, the outside fridge is 110v AC and needs shore power or a generator to operate. And your Furrion is probably 12v DC only. I don't know of any Furrion fridge that uses propane.
Didn't your dealer go over the operation of these fridges, during the PDI/walkthrough?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #3

I bought the trailer used and the dealer didn't have the owner's manual or all the specifications. Thanks for your reply.
Emiliop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #4

so go online and get the manuals! if the outside one needs 120vac and you are not on shore or generator power that would explain that one.

i'm assuming the indoor furrion is 12vdc as stated above. this should cool down in 4 hours or so. the fact that the light is on seems to say it is getting some 12 vdc power. but the light will work with a lot less power than the compressor needs. what is the voltage of your batteries? is it possible that you have depleted the batteries down to the point that they can no longer run the compressor but have a bit of power left for the light?
Old 09-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #5

If yours is like my 2020 Wolf Pup, with 12volt Furrion Refrig, there is an off/on/thermostat inside the refrig on the top right. Check those batteries like Chickdoe mentioned

Joe Johnson
MSGT, USAF RET.
Cocoa, Florida
fpopjfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #6

Our Furrion failed after the first few trips but in it's case it was dead as a hammer, no light or anything. They told us they have a bunch of units where the circuit board was incorrectly assembled and they burn up after a short period of use.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #7

Before I took my trailer out for the first time, I read many people suggesting to "jump start" the fridge by either 1) plugging it in 2 days before departure, or 2) placing frozen bottles of water to get it down to temp just before leaving. I use the frozen water technique with individual-size bottles, and it works like a charm. Plus, I have ice-cold drinking water during my trip.
Utahn2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
I bought the trailer used and the dealer didn't have the owner's manual or all the specifications. Thanks for your reply.
As CHICKDOE said, go to the various manufacturers websites with make and model number of each item. You should be able to download the manuals. Fridge, a/c, stove, furnace, awning, converter and so on.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Forest River does post manuals on line. Go to the link below and you should find many component manuals applicable to your Wolf Pup model. Unfortunately, some are very generic, but some can be model specific.

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...olf-pup/browse
Old 09-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #10
Just as confused as you

Also, there's a lot of manuals in the Library section of this forum. https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/downloads.php
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator