Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2021, 10:51 PM   #1

Refrigerator door panel fell down

FYI, I found so far a couple posts all about this common problem… one in 2012, another more recent:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...off-24973.html (shows the waxed paper / slide double sided tape, trick)

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-179987-2.html

Same problem with us too, in 2021 ! Evidently, the problem has mutated from the original strain of oak panels falling, to the variant strain of Stainless panels. ;-)

We have a 2019 GeoPro G19FD that we bought new a few years ago, door panel started falling down last Fall. But panel is a 1/4" brushed stainless looking linoleum (I think). Luckily, no broken toes yet.

Funny thing is this, I found 2 plastic plugs on the floor and saved them.... found 1 about 1 month after the first on another trip. I was about to post both questions, first about the panel, and second, what these 2 plugs may have came from, ... come to read they are one in the same issue !

If anyone reading this has done the double sided tape fix, please describe if it was difficult to slide/reposition the panel back on with the tape and getting it aligned correctly?. (This is described in the old post above with all the waxed paper; I'm sure that works);

And what's best?: put the old same plugs back in, if the holes are not cracked ? Use SS 3/4" flathead screws ? Use the Liquid nails, Lexall? or use gorilla double stick tape?

That's all. Thanks ahead of time, if you can give any advice, please. Sorry, I cant post a pic of the door, trailer is not home now. I attached the Dometic diagrams and part #'s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7522.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	545.2 KB
ID:	256265   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7526.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	256266  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20081002 - Dometic Diag.pdf (567.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: pdf 20081012 - Dometic Parts Det.pdf (228.1 KB, 20 views)
Treybecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #2

Why not slide the panel into place and then put adhesive around the plug and reinsert them? Just a thought
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, panel, refrigerator