Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #21

Refrigerator not running

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I don’t know which inverter you have, I have a WFCO 1000 watt inverter. I had to replace mine for a different reason than your issue.

Mine has the 120 vac coming from the breaker to the rear of the inverter. I had to remove a rear plate and then pull the wires out that were connected internally to the inverter with wire nuts.

Have you done that or measured the voltage at the rear of your inverter to see if ac is getting there from the breaker panel?

What inverter model do you have?

I actually have the same inverter WFCO 1000 WF-5110HP. No I haven’t taken it apart yet but I guess checking the power at the back where it’s hard wired in is the next step. I know the power is coming out of the breaker. Do you know of anyway of bypassing the inverter? I’m in Florida for the entire winter and really don’t need the inverter till spring. If I could bypass it and the refrigerator starts working on shore power, I’ll know for sure that’s my problem.
JerseyVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyVic View Post
I actually have the same inverter WFCO 1000 WF-5110HP. No I haven’t taken it apart yet but I guess checking the power at the back where it’s hard wired in is the next step. I know the power is coming out of the breaker. Do you know of anyway of bypassing the inverter? I’m in Florida for the entire winter and really don’t need the inverter till spring. If I could bypass it and the refrigerator starts working on shore power, I’ll know for sure that’s my problem.
Have you looked at the backside of the inverter? There is an ac cord that plugs in to input shore power to the unit. Trace that ac cord back and you should find a receptacle that is is plugged in to. This is the power from the panel breaker. See if this is a gfi receptacle. If it is, make sure it is not tripped.

You can also probe this receptacle with your voltmeter to ensure you have 120 volts present.

If you do have 120 vac and no gfi tripped you could use this receptacle to bypass your inverter. Unplug the inverter from this receptacle. Remove the back plate where the ac out is on the inverter. Remove the wire nuts and add a 3 prong plug to the wire that leaves the inverter. Plug this temp plug into the ac receptacle that fed the inverter.

Are you ac savvy? I’m not trying to be rude but make sure breakers are off and inverter is off before messing with the wiring.

When everything is operating normal you should be able to look at the front panel on your inverter and see status leds and more info on lcd screen.

The following three pics show the following.. sorry about having to get on your head to view them..

First pic inverter off, green led indicates shore power is on and just passing thru, LCD blank.

Second pic, inverter on, green led indicates shore power is on and passing thru, LCD shows the ac voltage being supplied by shore power.

Third pic, inverter on, yellow led indicates no shore power, LCD shows a battery symbol and the ac voltage being generated by the inverter.

If your inverter is off and you have no green led your inverter is not seeing shore power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0614729F-137C-4842-9876-CE19731AFA09.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	220122   Click image for larger version

Name:	2B9FD692-954A-4999-817C-F5C229A0F0E7.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	220123   Click image for larger version

Name:	2DC8F8C4-933F-4380-A8AF-52FA6EA82313.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	220124  

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Have you looked at the backside of the inverter? There is an ac cord that plugs in to input shore power to the unit. Trace that ac cord back and you should find a receptacle that is is plugged in to. This is the power from the panel breaker. See if this is a gfi receptacle. If it is, make sure it is not tripped.

You can also probe this receptacle with your voltmeter to ensure you have 120 volts present.

If you do have 120 vac and no gfi tripped you could use this receptacle to bypass your inverter. Unplug the inverter from this receptacle. Remove the back plate where the ac out is on the inverter. Remove the wire nuts and add a 3 prong plug to the wire that leaves the inverter. Plug this temp plug into the ac receptacle that fed the inverter.

Are you ac savvy? I’m not trying to be rude but make sure breakers are off and inverter is off before messing with the wiring.

When everything is operating normal you should be able to look at the front panel on your inverter and see status leds and more info on lcd screen.

The following three pics show the following.. sorry about having to get on your head to view them..

First pic inverter off, green led indicates shore power is on and just passing thru, LCD blank.

Second pic, inverter on, green led indicates shore power is on and passing thru, LCD shows the ac voltage being supplied by shore power.

Third pic, inverter on, yellow led indicates no shore power, LCD shows a battery symbol and the ac voltage being generated by the inverter.

If your inverter is off and you have no green led your inverter is not seeing shore power.

Thanks so much! I checked the lights, no green when the inverter is off, checked the plug no power at the plug! It’s the outlet not the inverter. I didn’t realize the outlet was the pass through for the inverter. No I’ll have to figure out why I’m not getting power to the outlet! I appreciate all your help, you’ve been great!
Old 12-04-2019, 09:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Thanks so much! I checked the lights, no green when the inverter is off, checked the plug no power at the plug! It’s the outlet not the inverter. I didn’t realize the outlet was the pass through for the inverter. No I’ll have to figure out why I’m not getting power to the outlet! I appreciate all your help, you’ve been great!
Since you know that the receptacle is dead start looking for gfi check the one in the bathroom.

As a temp bypass instead of doing the temp plug I mentioned in the earlier post just get an extension cord and plug it into the pedestal. Snake it up thru the battery compartment and plug the inverter cord into it.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:20 AM   #25

Refrigerator not running

Quote:
Since you know that the receptacle is dead start looking for gfi check the one in the bathroom.

As a temp bypass instead of doing the temp plug I mentioned in the earlier post just get an extension cord and plug it into the pedestal. Snake it up thru the battery compartment and plug the inverter cord into it.

That’s what I did, once I ran a cord the inverter is working fine. I’m going to start tracing the line back to try to find the problem on Saturday. I already checked the GFCI in the bathroom, that’s fine.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Did you reset the GFI on the inverter?

Where is the GFCI for the inverter? I can only find one GFCI resettable outlet, that’s in the bathroom and working.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Where is the GFCI for the inverter? I can only find one GFCI resettable outlet, that’s in the bathroom and working.
Most have a GFI ON the inverter.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:13 PM   #28

There is no gfi on the inverter... here is the manual..

https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...10R-Manual.pdf

Tags
refrigerator