Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #1

Refrigerator not working 1st use

It has a furrion 12v. Brand new camper Turned fridge on for the first time last week worked fine. Came back next weekend and the fridge is dead. Fuse and brakes look fine. I don’t know what to do or what the problem is.
JosephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:22 PM   #2

Is your battery dead ?

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #3

I have it connected to the campground power. It was connected the whole time. The red meter is showing 13.6. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to say?
Old 05-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #4

The light inside the fridge is on. But the compressor won’t turn on
Old 05-16-2021, 12:26 PM   #5
DavidB Sr

Check your GFI, I went through same issue and felt silly after I finally figured it out.
dbrookinssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:01 PM   #6

Not sure about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrookinssr View Post
Check your GFI, I went through same issue and felt silly after I finally figured it out.
Not sure about that. What would the GFI have to do with a 12-volt refrigerator that doesn't use 120 Vac?

And if its light works, it must have power. So it must be a problem with the 12Vdc compressor or the thermostat.

JosephF, you may have heard that there have been a lot of problems reported with the Furrion 12V refrigerator.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #7

Don’t know what to say it didn’t work and about 9 at night just kicked on. I did nothing. Hopefully when I return next weekend it’s still on?
Old 05-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #8

Just and FYI, we have a dead Furrion 12v fridge that quit 5 days after bring home our 2021 Coachmen Spirit, just sitting in the driveway after running fine for a couple days. Did all things like check the fuse, made sure it was on and had a 13.6 level in the batteries. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday, they found a ground not connected and as they said some other funky wiring. Even connecting the the ground the compressor didn’t operate, but the cooling fan did. They are waiting to hear back from The manufacture so will report more when I get it.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #9

Got an update on our 12v Furrion fridge yesterday which after connecting the ground tight as it should be, tightening all connections one wiring issue was still an issue, the inline fuse was loose so would work sometimes but cut out (not blow) by moving it with your fingers. Once all this was done, it cooled in the time expected and had kept the fridge in the temp range needed for safe food storage and froze water in the freezer.

The connections and inline fuse (in addition to the one in the DC panel is only accessible by opening the rear panel on the fridge as well as the other wire connections that needed addressed. To get to all the screws it means unscrewing the mounting screws on the front of the unit and sliding it forward a few inches.

Hope this helps!
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator