Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #1

Reliability track record of dometic brisk air II ac units

So I just purchased and installed a brand new dometic brisk air II 13,500 BTU ac unit onto my Rockwood 2280 pop up trailer. Install was done by me and is properly installed.

What I want to know is should I be purchasing an extended warranty on my new ac unit? This year is the first year that we've owned this pop up and we plan to keep the pop up for many many many years so I want to know what others experiences are with the reliability of the rooftop ac units.

I am up in Canada so the number of cooling days per year might be 14 and even if I trek to really hot destinations in the U.S. chances are that I would *maybe* hit 21 days of cooling. If anything there are far more heating nights than there ever is cooling. Pop ups sold here almost never come with ac and even the RV dealer I purchased the ac from thought I was odd wanting to put ac on a pop up as he said it doesn't usually get very hot in Canada.

I have no experience with mobile roof top ac units so I don't know what to expect for useful equipment life.

Extended warranty ist too expensive to extend it to a total of 5 years ($160 CAD currently. ) but I would like to avoid these costs if there is a reasonable confidence level that something like this won't likely fail within 5 years. I understand that sometimes it is a gamble and I could potentially discover that mine is a lemon but I do have at least two years warranty coverage on the unit

Pop up will be stored in my garage over the winter and during our short summer it does sit on my south facing driveway. I plan to purchase a cover for the ac unit next summer to protect it from the uv exposure.

Thoughts on whether I should splurge on the extended warranty?

Many thanks in advance!
stevespopup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic