Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 07:22 AM   #1

Replace Magic Chef Glass Top

Well I did it. In my tired state I started the kettle this morning on to of the glass top. After 20 minutes I was surprised it hadn't started boiling yet, so I lifted the kettle and the glass top beneath it exploded everywhere. And I exclaimed loudly, waking everyone else I was trying to let sleep.

So two hours later and a trip to Walmart for a Dust Devil and I nearly have all of the glass picked up and I'm looking for a replacement top but not finding many options. I have a Magic Chef MCFR21TTB which doesn't appear on the Magic Chef website, since I figure the FR makes it a Forest River product.

Any tips on finding the right part? Are the Furrion ranges the same?

I've slept in 45 states and four provinces, but I have to start a new map for my camper!
EcoBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #2

I believe you are correct it designed for RV market only so not listed on the MC website. You might try giving MC a call be prepared for them to tell you that is only available thru the Mfg of the RV. If so get hold of FR they may sell it to you direct or say you have to go thru a dealer. Something you could do is measure the space and look for other options good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:04 AM   #3
D W

You are not the first one who has done that, and you won't be the last. There are numerous threads in this forum encountering the same situation as you. A lot of folks actually think it is a glass-top range. Last year my son purchased an SOB with the glass top. I warned him about the glass top. Wasn't long after that my DIL made the command decision to remove it. Incidentally, those glass tops have been known to shatter for no apparent reason, i.e. the glass has a stress defect.

You might inquire at a local glass shop to see if they can fabricate a piece of tempered glass for you, but often times custom glass work is expensive.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:06 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

If it becomes that difficult to find, I would consider cutting a board to fit the stove top, or something similar. Would certainly make kitchen chores easier, you could cut stuff on it, etc. My only concern would be accidentally igniting a burner, not likely, but then you have a flammable material over burners.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #5
Lorenc

My wife did the same thing in our 2020 Jayco. I got one from E Trailer. $160.00
Old 06-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBuckeye View Post
Well I did it. In my tired state I started the kettle this morning on to of the glass top. After 20 minutes I was surprised it hadn't started boiling yet, so I lifted the kettle and the glass top beneath it exploded everywhere. And I exclaimed loudly, waking everyone else I was trying to let sleep.

So two hours later and a trip to Walmart for a Dust Devil and I nearly have all of the glass picked up and I'm looking for a replacement top but not finding many options. I have a Magic Chef MCFR21TTB which doesn't appear on the Magic Chef website, since I figure the FR makes it a Forest River product.

Any tips on finding the right part? Are the Furrion ranges the same?
try EBAY, I found one for my stove, I

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #7
rfifer

We feel your pain - our glass top shattered during a previous trip this year. Same thing, lit the burner without raising the glass top. Our stove is a Furrion for which we found a replacement top through eTrailer. Removing the shell of the old top took all of 20 seconds, and installing the new top about 20 seconds more. The replacement cost was about $150. As was said, you are not the first nor will you be the last.
TV F-150
rfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:40 PM   #8

Update: the
Replacement Stainless Steel Top with Glass Cover for Furrion 2-in-1 Range Oven, although very very close, does not fit. I could probably make it fit since it's only off by 1/16" and needs mounting screw holes relocated, but I'd prefer to find one that fits without force or grinding. I'll contact the dealer next since I'm not finding a decent aftermarket part.

I've slept in 45 states and four provinces, but I have to start a new map for my camper!
EcoBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBuckeye View Post
Update: the
Replacement Stainless Steel Top with Glass Cover for Furrion 2-in-1 Range Oven, although very very close, does not fit. I could probably make it fit since it's only off by 1/16" and needs mounting screw holes relocated, but I'd prefer to find one that fits without force or grinding. I'll contact the dealer next since I'm not finding a decent aftermarket part.
I just went through this when I needed to replace a single screw on my Magic Chef (MC) stovetop glass hinge. It is actually manufactured by Forest River (FR) under a licensing agreement with MC. I quick call to FR parts and I had the replacement in hand!

Cheers!
CivEngPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:35 PM   #10

Ours shattered as well. 2021 Rockwood trailer. Model of stove is MCFR21TTB Magic Chef. Glass stove cover is not available online that I could find. I called dealer and gave him vin # and model he ordered and I received in 1 week. $111.00 + 20.65 freight. From invoice it looks like it is referenced as F100138904 Stove Cover. I searched online as well but it does not show other purchase options using this information. I think calling dealer parts department is easiest and quickest way to get replacement. Hope this assist you for this model, Happy travels!
raiderfn99 is offline   Reply With Quote