Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #1

Replacement Glass Lamp Shades

One of the on the lamps that hang over the table in our camper has broken. Where can I find replacements and how are they to install?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3284.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	154550   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3285.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	429.5 KB
ID:	154551  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbouton View Post
One of the on the lamps that hang over the table in our camper has broken. Where can I find replacements and how are they to install?
I'd like to know too. Had this happen on our 35IK. It was replaced under warranty but I'm sure it'll happen again. If I recall correctly, replacing is not too easy because of the way everything screws together.
4x4x4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbouton View Post

First......how did it break? Reason I ask is because upon closer look, it appears that the stem near the ceiling plate has come apart allowing the pendant to swing. It's NOT supposed to do that for obvious reasons. If that upper joint is broken then the entire fixture will need to be replaced. But, if the fixture is OK, then, it can be a little tedious taking the stem, assorted nuts & washers and wiring apart then reassembling.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
First......how did it break? Reason I ask is because upon closer look, it appears that the stem near the ceiling plate has come apart allowing the pendant to swing. It's NOT supposed to do that for obvious reasons. If that upper joint is broken then the entire fixture will need to be replaced. But, if the fixture is OK, then, it can be a little tedious taking the stem, assorted nuts & washers and wiring apart then reassembling.
For us, we were on a rough road that, I think, caused excessive side to side rocking. Because these are heavy glass, it caused the screwed hinge to break since it's the weakest point. Replacing with a lightweight glass would stop this from happening.
4x4x4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #5

This is what happened to ours also. Up at the top where it swings is a screw. Tighten it and all will be ok. Need to check them every once in awhile. Where glass globe goes over the bulb should be a plastic nut, at least mine is. Unscrew and install new one.
You could search rv globes on amazon, that where I got mine. The box stores have replacement globes but the hole is too large.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #6

Lights

We did not break our globe but the inside guts trying to replace bulb with LED. We searched and found a few, they came in three different lengths, could not find the length that we needed. For the life of me I can not remember the name of the maker of these lights, you might find a label somewhere on the light itself. We got the thing apart to replace the guts but it was not easy so I image replacing the globe would not be easy.
The globe that did break was replaced by warranty early on, Forest River says the whole thing has to be replaced that it does not come apart, but it does with some work. We have learned to check the screws at the top from time to time as they do loosen in travel.
If you can find a dealer that will order parts directly from Forest River that will help, some will, some wont. We are in Oklahoma (our dealer wont) but found a dealer in Lin Creek Missouri that will order from them.
Good Luck
flattyattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #7

I wish you luck but the glass globes are too heavy for the cheesey posts. I had very similar lights over the island in my cedar Creek. One of the originals broke loose up where the base mounts to the ceiling, forests river sent me two more because they no longer had the original style. The second set didn'the make the first trip to Texas and snapped at the same spot. They then sent me three of the white puck lights.

In my opinion, you need to look for a different style or a shorter sturdier pendant at the very least. The pick lights serve the purpose, but aren'the the best looking. I'll replace them when I find the right light. Best of luck.
mgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #8

It will be tough to match existing but maybe find something you like better.
Fixtures.....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...light&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...gobes&_sacat=0
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement