Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2022, 02:08 AM   #1

replacing non ducted ADB to ducted like original

Hey all, been a minute since I asked. So we bought our 2008 Berkshire 3+ yrs ago and I've always wondered why there were ducts (weren't being used) but the a/c blasted straight down or out the sides of the ADB. This MH has a Dometic I think 2 zone 4-5 button controller. I'm hoping that I didnt just open a rotten can of worms. Today I purchased the ductless ADB and the electronic control box. There's some wires cutoff and wire loom that goes into the controller box from the AC box on top. there's also a communication wire there that's not attached to a phone wire extender. My hope here is to restore the ducted ac in the living room section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200613_122922218.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	281837  
rdrman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:29 AM   #2

Well looks like it's a can of worms... Dometic brisk air II installed in place of original penguin II instead of installing the new AC to work with the original setup. They chose to install a manual controlled. (cheaper option) so thinking how hard could it be ����. Bought new adb, new electronic controller box. Haven't been able to get the new controller to communicate with duo-therm CCC thermostat. New dometic duo-therm CCC-2 on the way. Who's figured this out???
rdrman08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
domestic ccc, dometic ac trouble, dometic adb