Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #1

Unhappy Residential Fridge not working.......

Breakers good, fuses good in fuse box, GFCI outlet not kicked out...... Cannot get to the back of the fridge but is there a fuse or reset back there for the fridge? Or is there a GFCI outlet back there? Im pulling my hair out with this new 2018 Salem Hemisphere........ HELP!!!!!
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Did you check the inverter's reset or breaker?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #3

The only reset I found on it was a black button and it was not kicked out. There were no error codes and the inverter was on. There was a short because of loose connections from factory to the electrical hook ups. The service tech tightened them but forgot to check the Fridge and when I got it the Fridge still didnt work even though he tightened loose connections
Old 08-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #4

Did the tech unplug the fridge? My inverter output feeds a duplex ac outlet close to it in the basement. The fridge is plugged into that. Of coarse you don’t need the inverter on if you are plugged into shore power. Just a thought...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #5

Get something 110 like a light or radio and plug into the inverter.

Then the outlet the fridge is plugged into.

I use a voltmeter.

Got to narrow down the choices here.

Batteries need to be charged. Fully!
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #6

No , I cant even see the plug it is behind the fridge in the enclosed space. He didnt do anything to the Fridge because he did not realize he was supposed to check it. ........He told me it wasnt on the bill and I read it to him, then he apologized for not checking it. He did fix the loose connections and the front landing gear switch is working again
Old 08-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #7

I have to pull the fridge out of its space and im not sure how to do that , plus I dont want to mess up the warranty. However I did not want to turn around and haul it back down to the rv shop that is over an hour away again. I have to take it back Thursday again and spend more money for gas ......
Old 08-14-2018, 09:44 PM   #8

I was hoping for something like a fuse , or reset that I could easily get to.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:03 PM   #9

Does it operate when the rv is plugged into a 110 volt extension cord? Step,one. If not you are not plugged in or the fridge is toast. You do have several dog bones?

Stuff in these rvs are complex. Going to,the dealer is the final,solution.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:06 PM   #10

No dont work when rv is plugged into 30 amp trailer plug either.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #11

Did it work during the PDI?
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #12

what is the PDI?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #13

Likely not plugged in.

Find the plug. Is there any acces to the fridge from the outside. My gas fridge has two doors.

Access from the adjacent cabinet?

Follow the wire from the inverter?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #14

a bit hard to follow this.

1. does the refrigerator work when plugged into shore power? do the refrigerator lights come on? are the other 110 vac devices working when on shore power? trying to determine if it is only the refrigerator that is not working on shore power.

2. the refrigerator power cord may or may not be plugged into a receptacle behind the refrigerator. i wouldn't worry about that yet. most likely it has not fallen out.

3. there will be some form of an automatic transfer switch for the refrigerator. this is not the automatic transfer switch associated with an installed generator. this refrigerator switch may be built into the inverter itself of it may be external. knowing the make / model of the inverter would help. there may be an output receptacle on the inverter or the inverter output may be hardwired. again depends on the make / model. if there is an output receptacle on the inverter is the refrigerator cord plugged into it? these output receptacles gfci receptacles. have you reset it? try to plug a light or radio into the inverter output to see if it is getting power from the inverter.

4. i'm unsure what the loose connections that the tech tightened are and how they might affect this.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #15
Coach

Not trying to insult you, but are you sure it plugs in behind the fridge? Our residential plugs in behind a bottom drawer next to the fridge. Shut off valve for the ice maker is in that area as well.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
No , I cant even see the plug it is behind the fridge in the enclosed space. He didnt do anything to the Fridge because he did not realize he was supposed to check it. ........He told me it wasnt on the bill and I read it to him, then he apologized for not checking it. He did fix the loose connections and the front landing gear switch is working again
How do you know the plug is behind the fridge? The plug for my fridge is fed into the basement by the inverter. Don’t assume an RV fridge is wired like your home fridge.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:52 PM   #17

My brand new outdoor fridge was working on first trip, 2nd no. You wanna know what it was? ........it was unplugged. Must have not had solid connection.
CrazyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:02 AM   #18

Ok, first of all thanks for all the input............Ok heres the deal. Everything else works in the camper except the Fridge. I just assumed the plug was behind fridge because I couldnt see it. It was working fine before. The inverter is a Xantrex 1200 model. Dont think anything is plugged into the inverter. I think it is hard wired. Thanks
Old 08-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #19

Looks exactly like this only is 1200

Dont know if pic showed up
Old 08-15-2018, 12:10 AM   #20

http://www.xantrex.com/images-conten...1000_45deg.png

Tags
fridge