Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

Residential refrigerator

I know I'm crossing bridges before I get to them, but can someone explain in detail how to winterize water lines to refridgarator since Forest River deems it unimportant to supply owners manual for such things.
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:35 PM   #2

Honestly, the easiest way is just to run antifreeze through the water line until comes out the water dispenser and let the ice maker run until you have pink coming out too. This takes a while to flush in the spring though. I'd recommend hooking up an air compressor to your city water line and blowing out the water. Also, removing the back panel off the fridge and disconnect the hoses from the solenoid valve and make sure no water is is stuck in the valve. If you want to get creative, you can make a jumper wire to activate the solenoid so the valve opens and allows air to push the water all the way out.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2015 Sierra Select 32QBBS
2015 nights camping = 22

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, refrigerator