Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #1

Residential refrigerator mounting

We have used my 2019 wildcat 37wb twice and both times the refrigerator moves during transit. It is not mounted solid and only has retainers that keep the refrigerator from walking out during transit. Problem is these retainers are getting bent trying to hold the refrigerator in place and the refrigerator is hitting the trim and damaging it. Also the retainers are hitting the refrigerator and scratching it. In addition the refrigerator will move inwards and the retainers will catch the freezer drawers causing them to open. This happened on the last trip home and the bag of ice started to melt and dripped water on the floor. Has anyone else experienced this and should residential refrigerators be mounted rigid?
Websterbrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #2

Our residential refrigerator was mounted on a pallet of some kind and the refrigerator slide out. We had someone fix the refrigerator so that it couldn’t move. The refrigerator is braced in now and doesn’t move
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #3

I used some L brackets, screwed into the fridge frame in behind(access door) and just screwed some brackets in the front of fridge but not into it.

No issues.
Mr Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Canoehead View Post
I used some L brackets, screwed into the fridge frame in behind(access door) and just screwed some brackets in the front of fridge but not into it.

No issues.
Can you please provide some photos? I have the same issue and haven't been able to solve it.

Thanks,

2018 Forest River Sabre (cobalt), 30RLT
2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4X4 Long Box, 6.0L Vortex
WhiteEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Our residential refrigerator was mounted on a pallet of some kind and the refrigerator slide out. We had someone fix the refrigerator so that it couldn’t move. The refrigerator is braced in now and doesn’t move
Any chance you could post some pictures? I have a residential refrigerator that keeps falling out of it's mounts (two tiny little brackets!). I've tried a few things but the wood is all particle board and is falling apart now.

Thanks,

Bruce

2018 Forest River Sabre (cobalt), 30RLT
2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4X4 Long Box, 6.0L Vortex
WhiteEagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, refrigerator