Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Roof Top TV Antenna

I had problems getting any usable signal from the Roadstar 2000 that came with my Lexi. I went to the Winegaurd website and followed the diagnostics they provided to find my amplifier was not sending voltage to the antenna. Faced with replacing the "wallplate" amplifier, I looked into alternatives and came up with an Antop "UFO" omni-directional antenna that claimed a 65 mile range. The mounting of the Antop required making a bracket from the existing tripod mount to the new antenna. I used 1 1/2" aluminum angle and cut two 4" pieces that worked out great. Drive way test pulled in 36 channels and on our weekend trip we got 27 channels and even picked up our "home" stations that were more than 50 miles away! 0 pixalation!! So glad I went away from all the RV antennas and found one that worked perfectly for a fraction of the cost. We live in the northern Detroit suburbs and where camping at Waterloo Rec area Sugarloaf Lake State park. No need to raise or lower and no aiming and searching for best signal, just turn on the TV and run a channel search, couldn't be easier.

Tags
antenna, roo, roof