Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruff13 View Post
I'm getting a Surecall Fusion4Home for my FR Forester 2401W.

This post is to ask folks about how to ditch the brick. The unit comes w/ a 115V to 5-15V converter, aka brick, aka wall wart.

But 115V in a 2401W only exists on shore power, or when the generator is running. We end up dry camping often.

Can I bypass the inverter / converter process? Rather than have an external inverter create 115V, and the supplied converter then create 5-15V, can I plug the Fusion4Home directly into the house DC supply, like I would a 12V TV? or my Music system?

Does someone make an isolator or filter to protect the input to the appliance when connecting to house battery?

I searched for a thread on this topic, but did not find the right keywords, I'm sure others have the same question.

Thanks, Bill

Bill

The short answer is yes. You just need to tap into 12 volts somewhere in the trailer and make a connection to the unit. I would also suggest an inline fuse to protect the unit. Look on the wall lump to see what current rating you need.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote