Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksignoles View Post
Same pricing through their website with more selection and unit specific fans. They come with the wiring and such that you might need for tying into your reefer light, or hard-wiring.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganjoe View Post
Camper1999.. Could you give more detail on your install?? Where did you mount the fans and where did you hook them up??

Thanks, Joe
Unfortunately I dont have pictures but I installed two computer fans at the top of the refrig. My refrig is mounted in my slide. It was very easy to do since there is a frame at the top od the refrig that they fit prefectly on. Wiring was easy too since the 12v wiring for the refrig is right ther to. I also as others has mentioned installed the fan in the refrig itself to recirculate the inside air which has helped also.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #23

The problem with an absorption type refrigerator is cooling the fins behind the unit. Camco has a replacement roof top vent cover with a solar panel that powers a small fan that helps the air circulation. I put one on my unit and it works well. The only problem is that the cover won't fit the new Dometic base. I took the solar panel off the Camco cover and put it on my Dometic base and it works well. You can hear the hum when you stand by the outside refrigerator vent.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #24

Fridge fans

There are two different fans that assist in cooling an rv fridge,
1) inside fan which you can purchase from most dealers it is blue in color and sits inside and helps move the air inside
2) exterior fan which will PULL air over the coils in the back of the fridge to help in cooling the fridge, If you are going to add the fan to the rear of the fridge your best choice is to get a 120mm computer fan (they are all 12 volt) and make a bracket at the top to the coils in the back of the fridge and there is wiring help on the net to wire it into the needed circuit.
Both of these fans do help and if you camp in weather over 85 degrees you will need then both.
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #25

A computer fan is 12 volts? I never knew that.
Thanks
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #26

Silver. So i mount it backwards on the coils? Can you mount them with plastic wire ties?
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, fridge