Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #1

RV furnace problem -Solved

I turned the furnace on for the first time this season. the blower ran and I could hear it trying to start but just cool air came out of the vents and the furnace shut off. The gas tank is about half full so it wasn't lack of propane. I had the second tank refilled, since it was empty, and switched the lever on the regulator to the newly filled tank. I tried the furnace again and this time it heated up as expected. Does anyone have an idea as to the problem? I'm thinking maybe the regulator needs replacing(?). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Burstpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burstpaul
I turned the furnace on for the first time this season. the blower ran and I could hear it trying to start but just cool air came out of the vents and the furnace shut off. The gas tank is about half full so it wasn't lack of propane. I had the second tank refilled, since it was empty, and switched the lever on the regulator to the newly filled tank. I tried the furnace again and this time it heated up as expected. Does anyone have an idea as to the problem? I'm thinking maybe the regulator needs replacing(?). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
The opd valve in the tank might have popped. It happens .
Try half full tank again but shut valve off and very very slowly turn it back on.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
B47

Starting to see a change in the problem topic subjects here. Going from AC problems to furnace problems.

Must be getting cooler in some parts of the country - still in the low 90's here.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

The opd valve in the tank might have popped. It happens .
Try half full tank again but shut valve off and very very slowly turn it back on.
Mine did this to with the exact same type of situation with my bottles. I remember this next time.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47
Starting to see a change in the problem topic subjects here. Going from AC problems to furnace problems.

Must be getting cooler in some parts of the country - still in the low 90's here.
Yep headed the other direction.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

as an update this thread has been solved .
the op sent me a message that in fact the opd valve had popped he reset the tanks and all is well !