Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #1

Unhappy Safe T Alert

Anyone else have problems with their carbon monoxide/propane dector? We bought our TT in March brand new and have already had to replace it once because it started going off randomly for no apparent reason and it started again just the other night and of course it only happens in the middle of the night. My husband finally disconnected it and we bought one like you put in your house for the carbonmonxide, didn't see anything that dectects propane although I will be looking.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #2

Are you certain it's faulty? How do you know you don't have a small propane leak somewhere? You'll never know now that you don't have propane detector.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Are you certain it's faulty? How do you know you don't have a small propane leak somewhere? You'll never know now that you don't have propane detector.

On the front of the detector: Green=on
Red=Alarm
Red/Green=fault
Red/Red or Green/Green= EOL(end of life)

Sometimes red/green comes on and some times red/red or green/green never has just the red light come on.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #4

Did you check on the back of the unit you took out, it has the mfg date. Bought my motor home April 2011, detector was made 2010 and says on front to replace 2014. I have the same issue, does not go off during day, 1hr after all quiet and in bed, it fires off with blinking red/green, which states low voltage or bad unit. PS you can order unit from Amazon or Ebay, for $100. plus or minus a buck or two.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #5

This trip ours went off when we got to the campground and hooked up the water and ran the sink. It seemed that some of the air or gas purged from the water lines set it off. Lysol sets it off too. It has not gone off in the middle of the night yet but I would not be surprised. Now that it think back it was flashing red and green so maybe it was a fault and not gas from the water line. I silenced the alarm and ventilated the camper and it shut off.
Kentdb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #6

I had trouble with ours today we are getting ready for camping and while loading and cleaning I had the air on and about 10 min. later it went off ( propane was shut off) after shutting off the ac open doors and blowing clean air on the unit nothing worked it would start up again in a couple of min. looked at the back it was made in 2010 and our camper was bought new last year. We have used it many times with no problems like this after looking on the different sites I came to think that I needed to replace the unit went to camping world spent about $60 and came home with a new one 15 min. later finished up turned on the ac and everything is fine now just glad that it happened in my driveway and not camping.
daveg is offline   Reply With Quote