Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2023, 09:21 PM   #1

Satellite connection

Have read many questions being asked about satellite connections on many RV's but have found nothing on the connection on a 2015 Forest River Georgetown LX 360DSF. Have found a junction box over the passengers seat that has a TV/Cable/Sat selection switch with the connections wires out the back.
Search everywhere but have found not external connections. Understand that the SAT is probably prewired for a roof mounted antenna but were thought that there would be an external connection for the cable and SAT.

Anyone with this RV have knowledge they are willing to share.

Pretty much at the conclusion to just run a Ghost Flat wire coaxial through the window. The TV with plug is right at the window wit shelf to hold the receiver so problem would be easy to solve.

Tanks in Advance!!

Falcon900Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread from the Appliances and Electronics sub-forum to the Georgetown sub-forum since the OP is asking for model-specific information:
"Anyone with this RV have knowledge they are willing to share."
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:22 AM   #3

This is supposed to be the GT360 coax interconnects.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT 360 TV.pdf (301.8 KB, 62 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:41 AM   #4

I think with those flat coax thru the window connectors, for some reason, you lose your HD. Not sure if this is true; seems like I read it here somewhere.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:09 AM   #5
Retired Army MSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon900Guy View Post
Have read many questions being asked about satellite connections on many RV's but have found nothing on the connection on a 2015 Forest River Georgetown LX 360DSF. Have found a junction box over the passengers seat that has a TV/Cable/Sat selection switch with the connections wires out the back.
Search everywhere but have found not external connections. Understand that the SAT is probably prewired for a roof mounted antenna but were thought that there would be an external connection for the cable and SAT.

Anyone with this RV have knowledge they are willing to share.

Pretty much at the conclusion to just run a Ghost Flat wire coaxial through the window. The TV with plug is right at the window wit shelf to hold the receiver so problem would be easy to solve.

Tanks in Advance!!

I am not familiar with your particular rig but most of the time, external connections are located near your water hook up connections or near your shore power connection. I am assuming in your situation being a motorhome that you would find those connections inside one of your storage bays.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:49 AM   #6

The only dedicated sat dish (antenna) connection is the rooftop connection in the OP's GT360. The park cable port can be used for a carryout dish by removing the coax cable from the Movie Vision panel cable port and connecting it to the sat receiver. The sat receiver has an HDMI output for one TV direct feed for HD. If the sat receiver is a Dish Wally it does have an RF output and that can be fed to a modulator for coax conversion and its output connected to the Movie Vision panel cable port for distribution to all TV's for SD viewing. Just select "CABLE TV" on the panel and whichever channel is selected on the modulator on the TV's. By the way it matters not whether the antenna booster is ON or not if "CABLE TV" is selected on the Movie Vision panel.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeMaggotBob View Post
I think with those flat coax thru the window connectors, for some reason, you lose your HD. Not sure if this is true; seems like I read it here somewhere.
Don't know why shape would be an issue if it's RG6 coax (i.e. 75Ω).
Old 01-26-2023, 11:13 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Don't know why shape would be an issue if it's RG6 coax.
X2

Most all the ones I've seen/used were HD/dish compatible.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:59 PM   #9

Quote:
This is supposed to be the GT360 coax interconnects.

Not sure what, if any is the difference between a GT 360 and what I have is the LX 360 DSF. I assume there is as they have different names.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
X2

Most all the ones I've seen/used were HD/dish compatible.

Thanks, that is precisely the one I ordered last night. Think it will be no brainer to just run it thru the window that is right at the TV and be able to use a short cable to go from there. Have not seen the receiver yet so not are if there is a HDMI port to the TV or not.

Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2023, 05:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Not sure what, if any is the difference between a GT 360 and what I have is the LX 360 DSF. I assume there is as they have different names.
I believe what you have is a Georgetown360"XL"DS and the drawing would be applicable for at least the issue (sat antenna (dish) coax connection) in your post. Distribution throughout the coach may not be the same.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Have not seen the receiver yet so not are if there is a HDMI port to the TV or not.
Thanks!!
If it's a Dish Wally it has an HDMI output port (no coax output port) and RF composite (R/Y/W RCA) video output ports.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #13

I have a 2018 31L5 and found all the hookups in the center storage cabinet over the drivers seat. If yours is similar to mine there are 4 screws in the back panel that allow access to the splitter and satellite pre wire but there is no external hook up for satellite for mine either.
NewL51212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewL51212 View Post
I have a 2018 31L5 and found all the hookups in the center storage cabinet over the drivers seat. If yours is similar to mine there are 4 screws in the back panel that allow access to the splitter and satellite pre wire but there is no external hook up for satellite for mine either.

Found the box that has the TV/Cable/Sat selectors. I'm referring to the outside connection points. I have looked but will again this weekend. I have been told by two different people that it could be in the water hook up bay. If not, I am satisfied to run one of the flat wire connections through the window. I can leave just enough outside, pinned down by the window so it won't vibrate and fly around and run it from there. Not really worried about a parks cable, as they are normally not that good anyway.

Thanks for the info! I'll get there yet!!

Old 01-27-2023, 08:18 AM   #15

Quote:
I have been told by two different people that it could be in the water hook up bay.

There is only one coax input port and it is for park cable (can be configured for sat as previously posted). The only dedicated sat port is the prewire coax routed to the roof for a roof mounted sat antenna. Some GT's do have a coax output port (yours may have this) in a storage bin on the passenger side along with a 120Vac receptacle for an external TV. Don't know what the newer GT's have provided.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:19 PM   #16

Found the Park Cable connection in the electric bay.
Thinking that it will be very easy to just run the cable (flat one as mentioned above) thru window, already done, and the TV is right there with center to hold the receiver with electric plug also.
Now all I need is the dish! Lucked out as I will be able to just pay him the small monthly fee and use his account as they have Dish in their home so it just an add on to that.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Now all I need is the dish! Lucked out as I will be able to just pay him the small monthly fee and use his account as they have Dish in their home so it just an add on to that.
Just a word of caution so "him" doesn't get teed off. Wherever you go do not call Dish to have the local channels changed to your location. If you do "him" will lose his local home channels. You'll have to use the over the air antenna for the local channels (major networks) if you want and can receive them.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Just a word of caution so "him" doesn't get teed off. Wherever you go do not call Dish to have the local channels changed to your location. If you do "him" will lose his local home channels. You'll have to use the over the air antenna for the local channels (major networks) if you want and can receive them.

Thanks but it is my brother in law and lives about 5 minutes away. So none of the Chanels will change. Thanks for the heads up tho!!

Tags
lite, satellite