Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #41

I still believe it is a problem with your tv. Either a bad input or bad cable. Your description does not sound like an error message generated by the receiver. It does not care if you have an antenna (dish) connected when it first starts up, you should always see the startup screen. I've even had all that with a hard drive failure. When that startup screen comes up it isn't even thinking about signals or satellites or any of that stuff yet, and the no signal or dish connection will be in a big graphic window, not a simple line of text. That's a television thing
Old 06-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #42

If he can see the screen saying no signal it has nothing to do with the TV, so I respectfully disagree. Once you successfully run a setup, these things will not return to the setup signal until they are getting a positive connection between receiver and dish.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:19 AM   #43

Is the no signal screen being generated by the television for being on wrong input or is he seeing no signal with dish network logo?
If it is being generated by television, please check or try changing inputs. It's possible the tailgater is waiting for you to do something and your just not seeing it.

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #44

As Rrickim said the tv will display a no signal error if an input has been selected that does not have a signal, ie. no cable. The no signal error from the dish receiver will be a big graphic thing with an error code in the corner.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #45

You said your Dish remote still works your TV but won't do anything with the receiver. Make sure your remote is in the "Sat" mode. (The 4 buttons along the top of the remote). If it's in "tv" mode it'll work your TV but not your receiver. Could explain you not being able to navigate your receiver menu.

Somedays I wake up Grumpy, somedays I just let her sleep......(Ray Scott)
Old 06-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #46

Nope nothing wrong with input selections and yes I know to select sat on remote to operate the receiver.
I was actually able to all of a sudden get the set up screen. Here's what happened, going through the setup and first time waiting for the 5 green bars, get to the 3rd bar and bam...black screen an same stupid box with "little or no signal". Start setup over again, this time with Dish tech support on the phone too. Goes through the whole setup and walla...tv is now playing! Thank the tech person say have a nice day, hang up the phone sit back to watch tv. 5 mins later, black screen and same @#$?ing message!!! This is really sucking at this point!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #47

Wow clicker, that has to be crazy frustrating. I sure would have to assume it is the receiver and not your satellite...otherwise you would just get no signal after getting through the setup. I guess the only other possibility is some sort of weird power surge or something.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #48

Actually, re-reading your post you say you get the "no signal message". That sounds like you had a weak signal and maybe some clouds came in and you lost it. That would explain it working intermittently. Maybe that dish is regularly dropping out.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #49

Just got off the phone with the King tech support and he's of the opinion that the receiver is bad. He said two possibilities, hdmi output is bad or just a bad receiver because he said the antenna would not give the black screen. It would go through setup then give an error code. Next call is to dish technical support again and insist that they sent me a new receiver.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Actually, re-reading your post you say you get the "no signal message". That sounds like you had a weak signal and maybe some clouds came in and you lost it. That would explain it working intermittently. Maybe that dish is regularly dropping out.
It still should be giving an error code on a Dish page not a black screen message. I guess there is an outside chace the coax they sent is bad.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #51

Dish has agreed to send a new receiver and a $7.00 credit for June. Instead of waiting a couple of weeks for our next trip I may try pulling the 5er up to the house and checking this new unit out beforehand. I know you will all be on pins and needles as to the outcome. Thank you all for your thoughts and ideas, you guys are great.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #52

I feel your pain...frustrating when you just want to watch a little tv and buy all the equipment to make it work. I hope they sort it out for you. You would think the included coax would be pretty reliable but I have heard at least one other person that had to switch it. I have been carrying extra coax and HDMI exactly for the reason you are suffering through. Good luck!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #53

Kinda of senseless to try now seeing your getting a new receiver but maybe just run composite cable from receiver to TV to see if it is a bad hdmi output.

Somedays I wake up Grumpy, somedays I just let her sleep......(Ray Scott)
Old 06-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #54

My HDMI port went bad. Try the other HDMI and if that does not help see if someone else in the Camp has Dish. Borrow their receiver just to check yours. Someone will surely help
trackmanbfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite