Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #1

Satellite systems info needed

Looking for a site that covers all types of satellite receiver pros and cons. We have a 2016 Cardinal 3825.
Skor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #3

I found the threads by going to the top of the page in the dark green bar is white box typed in (Satellite systems) push the search button next to it and pick the thread you like.
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #4

we have a 2015 cardinal 3825. do your research on the various suppliers / equipment. but i'll offer what we ended up with. we choose direct tv. the trailer came prewired for a rooftop antenna. check to see if your is. dealer installed a winegard traveler antenna on the roof and the existing coax runs down to the cabinet on the lower right side of the front cabinetry. there were electrical outlets in that cabinet. we installed the winegard power inserter and power supply there and connected it to the coax running up to the antenna. then put in the direct tv genie receiver and video bridge. we needed a direct tv splitter. connect the hdmi cable from the front tv to the genie receiver. then we installed wireless mini genie receivers on the bedroom and outside TV's. it works great! all three TV's can play their own program and /or recorded connect on the genie receiver / recorder.

we disconnect all of the direct tv equipment from the trailer and take it home to run the main tv and a couple of smaller ones in the bedrooms via the mine genies. you just have to move this equipment back and forth between the two locations.

since then I got tired of having to move the equipment with the power supplies and remotes. so I bought some extra power supplies, remotes, and splitter for the direct tv equipment and leave them in the trailer. the coax in the front cabinet is always connected to the winegard power inserter and there is direct tv power supply for the receiver and video bridge in that cabinet. all I have to do is put the receiver and the video bridge into the compartment and connect a coax end to each one. this makes moving the equipment real easy.

i'm sure dish has similar capabilities. anyway this is what we did and we can sit if the front living room and watch the same tv we would if we were at home.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #5

Bottom line. What do you want?
Sports? Direct offers better packages
Movies? Either
Ease of use on the road? Dish
What do you have at home? Go with that.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite