Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #1

Slow dish sat or receiver

My dish play maker and wally receiver was setup in Mayhill New Mexico at Deer Springs Rv Park. First day it was working fine. On day 5 now and all previous day except day 1 the thing has been very slow. it take at least 1 min to change a channel. The guide pop up ok but slow. When I go to Diagnostics screen and check sats, the turner show zero for a long time then will fill in the data. but to switch to another sat number on this screen again taking at least a mine to fill in the screen.

I contacted dish and not help. Maybe get back to me in 2 months with or without solution. I have rescan probably 15 time in past 5 days with no luck.

Anyone every have this type of issue. Think equipment or location. There are trees in the park. I have the windguard sat finder and standing over the play maker it show sats 110,119, an 129. Dish is on standard tri pod for the dish play maker unless the maybe 3 or 4 ft higher I'm holding my phone with the app reading the sats in the sky.

Thanks in advance for any comments
ronthet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #2

u.f.o. interference from Roswell n.m.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
Part-Time Campground Host

I've been using dish in the camper for years and have never had this problem.
What receiver are you using?
What are your Sat signal strengths?
Are any other camper in the RV park having similar problems.
Also Dish tech support has always been very good for me. Dish Outdoors Phone number is 1-800-333-3474.
Wish I could be more help.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1680
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
I've been using dish in the camper for years and have never had this problem.

What receiver are you using?

What are your Sat signal strengths?

Are any other camper in the RV park having similar problems.

Also Dish tech support has always been very good for me. Dish Outdoors Phone number is 1-800-333-3474.

Wish I could be more help.

Signal strength are in the 40’s when they finally display. Unknown about other with problems. On spot said all ok with dish but different dish. Guy next door just bought the same I lace. He had trouble setting up first time. He gave up. Using a Wally receiver
ronthet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #5
Part-Time Campground Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthet View Post
Signal strength are in the 40’s when they finally display. Unknown about other with problems. On spot said all ok with dish but different dish. Guy next door just bought the same I lace. He had trouble setting up first time. He gave up. Using a Wally receiver
WOW! I would guess you do not have a good signal. I've never had this problem. Call the number and let them talk you though it. God Luck!

Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1680
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:12 PM   #6

DISH will not be able to help you since this is not a 'dish' issue, it is your ANTENNA - you may be able to contact the manufacturer, but it's doubtful since it IS working, although slow, that they will be able to magically make it better.

a signal that is not 'easy' for the antenna 'eyeball' to see makes it take longer to 'find'... if it IS finding the signals, you have no real issue other than it is too slow. Move the antenna to a different location, don't worry about it being on a 'tripod', which is not needed, and let it try it again. Even put it on the roof of your RV.
MrPalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote