Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2021, 11:03 PM   #61

Smart TV in my TT

My LaCrosse came with a 50" aftermarket tv. I replaced it with a 50" LG smart TV. I can now see Netflix using my jetpack. Better yet, LG has it's own HD smart channels built in. Using their proprietary video compression, I watch these channels using the campground wifi! HD picture id great but the commercials look analog but quickly become sharp when HD channels return. Very pleased with my LG Smart TV.
rdolan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:08 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
I have a Summit 50 inch TV that came with my Crusader 315 RST. It works well, but I'm pondering a "Smart" TV such as a Roku or other system. I'm wondering, given the sad state of RV Wifi across the country if the changeover is worth it. I know most parks do not support streaming so I'm thinking such a purchase would be a waste of money. What do you all think, and what kind of success have any of you had that use one?

If the TV works good as said get a fire stick 4K. Don’t get a roku because it doesn’t all ow installing 3rd party apps. The fire stick will be even better than the smart tv functions. I use it all the time. Not on park Wi-Fi but streaming from my phone. Set up a hot spot on your phone and connect the fire stick to it. As long as I have 2 bars signal it works fine. Also I use a streaming service called “Reloaded”…. It has everything direct tv has and is $12 for live tv and $12 for movies. You get all pay per views, all premiums, NFL Sunday ticket and so on.
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #63

Connexx - Television Model CX39A19

We just got our new TT and it came equipped with a Connexx - Television Model CX39A19. I have some home movies that I wanted to show some family members when they visit us and it appears that the media setting only allows music and pictures but won't recognize videos in mp4 or avi format. Does it recognize any video format???
RGYoung1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:50 AM   #64

Anyone have any problems using their smart TV or AppleTV, ROKU or Amazon Firestick for steaming using Verizon network?
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:51 AM   #65

I added a TCl with Roku from Walmart to my front bedroom and I was SHOCKED at the sensitivity to the wireless receiver. It picked up the wireless from the house when no other deice can even see it. Not only did it see it, I was able to stream 4K with it. The other TV doesn't see it, my phone and laptop can't see it, but the TCL does.

TV's are cheap today, if you have an older HD 1080P with a free HDMI, then adding a stick is the way to go, but if 720, ditch it and get a new one with Fire or Roku built in, and both can add apps for the other streaming services too. Just keep in mind that ALL of them are listening and reporting back what their mic's pick up and what you watch for advertising reasons, so if you install a router to connect to WiFi, make sure you block all outbound traffic from them.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:52 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
Anyone have any problems using their smart TV or AppleTV, ROKU or Amazon Firestick for steaming using Verizon network?
Yes, AppleTV SUKS on Verizon. No issues with Roku or Fire, but Apple, forget about it.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #67

It recognizes all of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGYoung1945 View Post
We just got our new TT and it came equipped with a Connexx - Television Model CX39A19. I have some home movies that I wanted to show some family members when they visit us and it appears that the media setting only allows music and pictures but won't recognize videos in mp4 or avi format. Does it recognize any video format???
It apparently does recognize the usual formats, but according to the user manual I found online, the user interface is a little quirky. Here's a link.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #68
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
If the TV works good as said get a fire stick 4K. Don’t get a roku because it doesn’t all ow installing 3rd party apps. The fire stick will be even better than the smart tv functions. I use it all the time. Not on park Wi-Fi but streaming from my phone. Set up a hot spot on your phone and connect the fire stick to it. As long as I have 2 bars signal it works fine. Also I use a streaming service called “Reloaded”…. It has everything direct tv has and is $12 for live tv and $12 for movies. You get all pay per views, all premiums, NFL Sunday ticket and so on.
Could you tell us more about this "Reloaded" service you are using?
A possible web site?

The "reloaded" service I know/knew of (Gears) was seized by the FBI and all assets were confiscated and it was shut down.

I'd hate for someone to take your advice on this forum and go down a wrong path.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:26 PM   #69

I personally don't think any TV in an RV is worth it. My preferred camping doesn't even have cell service let alone any TV reception. If it rains I read a book. If I want to talk to someone I talk to God or my dog. Neither talks back.
W5CRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankraney View Post
But he also said he was pondering another one to replace it, like a roku tv or whatever!!
It is getting pretty bad when 6:45 is too late to be reading posts and failing to comprehend
jkierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #71

I have negotiated the media to the root directory of my usb drive and no video shows up. I have even tried going through the picture and music selections to my videos and no video shows up. All that shows up is a blank gray square where each video is and of course it will not open. I have looked through and read the manual several times and have search YouTube for a solution and have found nothing.
RGYoung1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #72

Just chiming in on this thread, I never thought about getting a TV in my tiny TT, but decided to get $100 20 inch 720p TV anyways. Me and my wife use our TT for mostly hiking so we don’t spend much time in the TT during the day. But was happy I bought the TV, as there are days you just wanna rest and watch some good movies. I hook up my TV to my iphone with a Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter cable. We watch downloaded netflix movies so no connection needed. Hope it works well for you.
jtc900502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
I have a Summit 50 inch TV that came with my Crusader 315 RST. It works well, but I'm pondering a "Smart" TV such as a Roku or other system. I'm wondering, given the sad state of RV Wifi across the country if the changeover is worth it. I know most parks do not support streaming so I'm thinking such a purchase would be a waste of money. What do you all think, and what kind of success have any of you had that use one?
FWIW, from personal experience, so if you want to surf the net Roku tv's do not have internet access built it.

Bill
2005gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:16 AM   #74
Trailer Park Supervisor

Does anybody really surf the web on a tv with no keyboard? Sounds like a pain. Rather use my laptop.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:55 AM   #75

We replaced all our’s with Samsung 4k TV’s after we cut the cord and signed up with YouTube TV. It’s nice having all the apps to the services we use right at our finger tips. Not to mention the picture quality is exceptional.

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS

Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 Solar installation
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Does anybody really surf the web on a tv with no keyboard? Sounds like a pain. Rather use my laptop.
different strokes for different folks..

yes i do, i use the pop-up search keyboard that appears on screen when i select internet; i use my TV remote to select the characters.

i use my iphone hotspot to connect, works when a campground wifi sux or when there is no wifi service

Bill
Old 11-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacRV View Post
We replaced all our’s with Samsung 4k TV’s after we cut the cord and signed up with YouTube TV. It’s nice having all the apps to the services we use right at our finger tips. Not to mention the picture quality is exceptional.
yep, Samsung's have internet access built in; many other brands don't, especially Roku TV's

Bill
Old 11-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #78
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
different strokes for different folks..

yes i do, i use the pop-up search keyboard that appears on screen when i select internet; i use my TV remote to select the characters.
Absolutely, lol. This would actually drive me insane. To me that's like typing in Morse Code!
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005gts View Post
FWIW, from personal experience, so if you want to surf the net Roku tv's do not have internet access built it.

Bill
I also use my laptop for surfing. I am just looking for video streaming on my TV.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:46 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Where I like to camp I couldn't do either even if I had a Smart TV, Laptop, or even internet/Cell service for that matter.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote