Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #1

"Snaking" RVS camera cable to hitch pin

Greetings. Pretty soon I will be receiving my RV S camera system for my fifth wheel and I am planning the route through which I will be channeling the cable that runs from the back of my saber up to the hitch pin and then from the back of my F3 50 diesel to wherever I will be mounting the monitor for the camera on my dash. My plan is to run the cable from the camera down the channel created by my Dometic refrigerator exhaust fan on the roof near where I will be mounting the camera. From there I hope to be able to snake the cable to the underside of the Sabre along the propane tubing to the 30 pound propane tank enclosure and then into the basement storage area in the front of the fifth wheel. From there I want to snake the cable through the enclosed nose of the fifth wheel where the hitch pin protrudes. Therein lies the problem; I can't seem to get a wire snake through the hitch pin and into the basement. There is an access hole about the right diameter in the hitch pin mounting hardware, but it is at right angles to the direction I wish to snake the Cable through and I'm not quite sure how to push or pull that short distance in order to be able to run the cable. I guess if all else fails, I could purchase A race way channel of some sort to run on the outside of the nose, but I would prefer to run the cable where it is not so obtrusive. Sorry about the length of this posting, but I am very perplexed as to how to proceed. Any help would be of course greatly appreciated. This forum has been a real life saver for me and I do appreciate the efforts of all the members on board. I hope to see you in August in Goshen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Renogy Solar Suitcase
Progressive Industries EMS
Sea Eagle 420 Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Jimsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch