Thought I would pass this on as it may be useful to those who have this dryer or are contemplating buying one.
Just before Christmas as I was preparing to fly home from Phoenix for two weeks I was using the dryer and thought it had completed its cycle, when I checked the cloths were only to the damp stage so I reset and nothing, checked the lint trap it was ok checked the breaker it was tripped so I reset pop again pop, removed the power cord from the receptacle and reset no pop so I thought ok plug in the dryer flash. I emailed Splendide and got an immediate response, the last day before the holidays I was Shocked
Two weeks on I'm back and contact the company Splendide recommended and this is what the found, this is the power cord coming into the dryer.
The tech ask what happened and I told him he said ok I know what it is and homed right in on the problem, I ask if this was common as I was surprised they would use this type of connection on a high resistance connection, yes was his reply he said I don't know why they don't change it. I was covered by the warranty not that that would have helped if it had caught on fire.