Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #1

Stereo problem

Hello everyone! First let me say that You m new here and new to RVs period. I picked up a 2012 Forrest River Classic Superlite at an auction last week. It had some damage so I got a good deal. It looks to have jacknifed. Having to replace the axles, wheels and the tow company was not gentle and did a number on the power stabilizers and tongue jack. The drum on the power awning is toast to. All that sounds bad but I have a connection on getting parts and I'm good at fixing things. Already have the tongue jack replac d. Other parts will be here through next week. Other things are minor cosmetics. Now, all that said....

The inside was ugly! They previous owners were nice enough to leave food in the frig, on the floor as well as just trash in general. We got all that cleaned up but I'm wondering if the frig will ever recover! i got it connected to power today and powered each circuit one at a time. All the lights work! Tested both sliders and they moved nice and smooth with no problems. Once it's road worthy I'm taking it to Camping World for a full diagnostic.

I wrote all that to ask this...the stero lights up and the power button is lit but I can't get it to change modes or get any sound out of it at all. Any ideas? Would the fact that there isn't a TV hooked up cause an issue?

Thanks for the help!
chrismarks is offline   Reply With Quote