Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #21

We have a two burner Coleman stove that takes either the one pound bottles or hook to 20 with adapter.

Quite adjustable and since it is outside no extra heat in the camper.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Doubt View Post
Thanks Happy Camper, your solution might be the best besides getting a diffuser or holding my pan higher. 🙂
Thanks
Yes the induction cooktop is a great way. Doesn't add heat to inside of rv either. But...you must have the correct pans to use it. Do a magnet test on your pans to see if they will work before buying the cooktop.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #23

As Johnfort says gas pressure should be a 11" WC but most folks don't a have manometer or know what 11" WC means.
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #24
FLY4FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
X2, I did this on out cooktop. I turned the back right way down but make sure you don’t turn it so far down that it is easily extinguished.

Also remember, your front burner is your hottest burner.
dalford wrote: "...make sure you don’t turn it so far down that it is easily extinguished."

A good point, dalford -- it's a bit of a balancing act to adjust "perfectly" & important to be sure that turning to max low doesn't distinguish, but it is really simple and easy to do. Best I recall, it's taken every bit of 5 minutes on our last two RVs as well as our home kitchen stove. In a perfect world, each burner would have been "set and balanced" by final "quality control" at the factory.....wait, is there actually a real Quality Control any more??. Seriously, again, this is an easy DIY fix. Mc
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burner