Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #1

Suburban FS-25

I have an 05 Wildwood TT with an Suburban furnace. Would intermittently kick on in the middle of summer. It also made a nasty noise so I took it out and found a mud dobber nest. After cleaning and reinstalled it will not shut off at all. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forest River Forums mobile app
bervig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #2

Is it producing heat or is the fan just running?

Usually the heater has 4 wires - one +12vdc - one -12vdc - the remaining two - one goes to the thermostat and one returns from the thermostat. The thermostat just sends a 12VDC signal to the circuit board to begin the start sequence. Could be several problems but I will bet it's the circuit board.
cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #3

Ya it heats fine. I had one red (power) one yellow, and two blue. Owners Manuel says blue go to thermostat. The two blue were wire nutted together to the thermostat wires. Wired it all back the way it came out. I was thinking the thermostat might be bad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 02-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #4

If you touch the two blue wires together the furnace should run. The thermostat just completes the circuit. So if you disconnect the two blue wires the furnace should stop. If you reconnect the blue wires to the thermostat and it is OFF the furnace should not run.

If you change the thermostat I recommend you use a new digital style. There are numerous links on how to do this. Here is one RV Digital Thermostat Installation / Coleman & Suburban
Old 02-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #5

So I connect just the blue wires together and furnace runs and blows heat...disconnected blue wires and furnace shuts down. Am left with the assumption my thermostat is toast?

1999 Ford Super Duty 2wd V10 Automatic 2005 Wildwood 26BHSS Travel Trailer.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #6

Sounds like it - Hook up the blue wires and jumping it at the thermostat.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #7

So, after lots of head scratching... I fixed the problem. I did purchase a new digital thermostat thinking that would fix my issue. All that did was prove to be a nice upgrade. I solved the problem by isolating the two blue thermostat wires individually from the furnace to the thermostat. They were originally all wire nuted together from the factory. Why that worked I don't know? Once I isolated them separately Walla it works great!

Tags
suburban