Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 01:40 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mosgiel NZ
Posts: 74
Suburban Furnace Circuit Board Question

I have a Suburban NT-20SEQ Furnace and diagnosed with a faulty circuit board, have received the replacement board today from the USA and hopefully will be fitting it this weekend, i believe its only a approx 25 min job to replace, what tools do i need to remove just the circuit board, removing the furnace looks quite easy but with the TT being away from my home i want to take the correct tools/screw drivers if that is all i need, Cheers
__________________
2015 Coachman Apex 22QBS 2015
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wilderness CG, WI
Posts: 4,389
I am going to say a phillips screwdriver and needle-nose pliers to remove the terminals. Don't forget to turn off the battery disconnect or better yet, remove the ground wire from the negative post of the battery, that way you'll know the board has no power. You may want to have a set of nut drivers and some way to mark or wrap the wires. Take a photo before removing anything for reference.
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
I deserve hazard pay when camping with my relatives.
Scrapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 40
Also, grab some #20 square head bits... long and short. Almost every component in a TT made since 2013 is secured by square head bits. Cabinets, hardware, switches, access panels, water pumps, etc... are almost 100% squares.
email is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
TimVWulp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 617
open end wrench's or and adjustable wrench's to remove gas line. soap to leak check when put back together. Pen/paper to wright down the wire placement. masking tape to label the wires. pictures help also.

Hope this helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:06 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mosgiel NZ
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by email View Post
Also, grab some #20 square head bits... long and short. Almost every component in a TT made since 2013 is secured by square head bits. Cabinets, hardware, switches, access panels, water pumps, etc... are almost 100% squares.
Your right there, the cover panel is held in buy square head screws so i do have that tool, think i got all the tools i need plus pen and paper and camera, Cheers
__________________
2015 Coachman Apex 22QBS 2015
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mosgiel NZ
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
open end wrench's or and adjustable wrench's to remove gas line. soap to leak check when put back together. Pen/paper to wright down the wire placement. masking tape to label the wires. pictures help also.

Hope this helps Tim
All helps Tim, good idea to have masking tape/pen and paper and will photos with camera, will post the outcome on Monday if all goes well, Cheers
__________________
2015 Coachman Apex 22QBS 2015
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:20 AM   #7
Salem Cruise Lite Owner
 
Bushbunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by savi18 View Post
I have a Suburban NT-20SEQ Furnace and diagnosed with a faulty circuit board, have received the replacement board today from the USA and hopefully will be fitting it this weekend, i believe its only a approx 25 min job to replace, what tools do i need to remove just the circuit board, removing the furnace looks quite easy but with the TT being away from my home i want to take the correct tools/screw drivers if that is all i need, Cheers
How much did the board cost? Mine was a couple of hundred bucks, though it was for a Layton.
Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:07 AM   #8
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 14,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by email View Post
Also, grab some #20 square head bits... long and short. Almost every component in a TT made since 2013 is secured by square head bits. Cabinets, hardware, switches, access panels, water pumps, etc... are almost 100% squares.
Seems like my square head bits (Robertson) are #2.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 94; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mosgiel NZ
Posts: 74
It was $160 NZD shipped to my address in NZ delivered within 4 days.
__________________
2015 Coachman Apex 22QBS 2015
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:55 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Seems like my square head bits (Robertson) are #2.
Yeah that's a typo on my side... #2 not #20. Nice catch
email is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mosgiel NZ
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by savi18 View Post
All helps Tim, good idea to have masking tape/pen and paper and will photos with camera, will post the outcome on Monday if all goes well, Cheers
Have now replaced the circuit board which was quite easy say 40 mins taking your time and all good now, took plenty of photos of the wiring rather then label all the wires, i was lucky with mine you could remove the the internal furnace and leave the outer casing/housing in place, only used the furnace around 10 times since buying the TT from new, will be interesting to see how long this circuit board last,
Most important thing is making sure no gas leaks at pipes after the install.
__________________
2015 Coachman Apex 22QBS 2015
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
furnace, suburban

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.