Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #1

Suburban furnace will not stay running through the night

This is the second time this has happened this summer. I did find this link with a similar problem.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/fur...ff-372899.html

I turn on the furnace and hours later, while sleeping, I wake up to find it is not running. I turn it off and then on and it stays running and cycles. Hours later I find it has stopped again. It got down to 36 degrees outside and 49 degrees inside. I did not inspect inside of the vents, but both inside vents and the outside vent had air coming out of them. I had the fan on low but I do not think there is a difference between low and high when using the heat. I am running off of battery only and it was a little low at 12.2 when I got up for the day. The refrigerator worked fine, if it was a propane supply problem I would expect the "check" light would be illuminated on the refrigerator. I have two propane tanks that are supposed to switch if one goes empty. The tank it was running on was pretty low. By looking at the frost on the bottle I am thinking it only had about three inches left. I only have one more night planned before I bring the trailer home for the winter. It will be just as cold then. I am planning on doing a quick vent inspection and switching to the full bottle. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
JPin AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #2
Part-Time Campground Host

With your batt voltage at 12.2 you are getting close to 50% charge. It could be the voltage is to low and the "sail switch" is shutting down the heater as the blower is not getting up to the required RPM. When it shuts down for awhile and then you start it up again the batt has the time to recharge just a little and then shuts down again.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, suburban