Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #1

suburban NT-30SP Furnace

2011 Flagstaff 5th wheel
Several months ago the fan/airflow turned down. There doesn't seem to be any restrictions in the return or supply. Do these have a 2 speed fan? There is a high/low option on the thermostat. looking at the specs I don't see anything that refers to a 2 speed motor. I'ts quiet and seems to run fine it's just that it slowed down one day. As a result it doesn't heat the room near as well.

drpowers
drpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
VaJim

fan

I am having a problem with mine also, Flagstaff 30wfss 2012.
My fan won' start by itself most of the time. I have the unit pulled out and have the electric hooked up. I can give the fan a spin and it works fine but is slower than normal. It is free spinning but won't start by itself.
It is a 12 volt single speed motor and looks like I will have to replace it, I have removed the control board and reseated all connectors but looks like the motor. Hope this helps. Jim
Old 12-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #3

Thanks Jim
Let me know how it goes.
Dave
drpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
VaJim

fan

I took it all apart, removed motor, and found nothing wrong. I just ordered a motor from Amazon and will be here tomorrow, we leave for Fla on Thursday, so tight schedule. It has to be bad as I checked 12v at motor connection, cheap Chinese crap....
Old 12-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
VaJim

fan

I received the fan motor today and just finished installing it. Yeah, it works great! I measured the resistance between motors and found bad motor around 4 ohms and the new motor around 5.5 ohms, shorted windings on old motor is why it would not start most of the time.

Tags
furnace, suburban