Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #1

Suburban Oven Issue

We were camping last weekend, We set up and I tried to light the pilot on the oven. I was able to light, but when you turn the knob to light the burnner you get nothing. The pilot light gets really wide but will not light. We thing that it may be the regulator as we smell no gas, and when you try to manual light the burner nothing happens. Any feed back or suggestions? This is the first issue that we have had with it. I have attached 2 photos not sure if they will help, but one is the pilot light and the second is what happens when I try to light the burner.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilot light.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	8509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lighting oven.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	8510  
2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
hoovercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #2

You have probably a bad thermocouple and it is preventing to open the way to the gas for the tube. I would try another thermocouple at your place to see if it will work. Since your trailer is a 2003 there is a good chance that it needs replacing for this part. Cost less than 20$
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
You have probably a bad thermocouple and it is preventing to open the way to the gas for the tube. I would try another thermocouple at your place to see if it will work. Since your trailer is a 2003 there is a good chance that it needs replacing for this part. Cost less than 20$
Yep, that would be my guess too.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #4

Suburban Issue

Thanks for your help, but it looks like we may be replacing the whole unit. I called 3 places and Suburban no longer has that part listed. They have check to see if they change the part number, but no luck. I am waiting to hear from the dealer in our area that is really great at getting parts, but if she has no luck then the unit is going to be replaced. We currently have a Suburban SR3SWWM it is the short oven, suburban part # is 161207 (Thermocouple). If anyone know of a company that may have one I would love the part instead of a new range. Thanks again!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #5

I think you will find your part here:

Rv Thermocouple Manufacturer Part Number 161207 Upc Code 799530703122
Old 10-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #6

I am sure that you can get a universal one for your replacement. On my previous older trailer I was able to get a universal thermocouple for my water heater and it would fit perfect.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #7

UPDATE;
I have been going at it with Suburban and I had to replace my range(not with a Suburban). Suburban said that my range doesn't have a thermocouple. We had a gas safety valve that was made with mercury and the EPA stopped them for making the ranges this way. They did not do a refit becasue I was told not may of them made, but us poor RV's that do have them are not getting any help from Suburban. My stove was brand new condition!! Boy this just burns my butt!!! I will never buy another Suburban product again, the lack of support and Oh tuff luck from them just burnned our bridge!!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

We had a 2003 Trailmanor with a Suburban stove and the same problem....the pilot would light, but the burner would not. A local (non Trailmanor) RV dealer resplaced the safety valve, and all was good after that.

I don't know if my stove had the mercury safety valve or not, but you might want to check around a bit with RV dealers/mechanics to see if there are other solutions.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #9

Thanks Chap,
We went through 2 different RV dealers that we use. Neither could find the part number and one sent me the scematic and asked me if I could use it to nail down the part. There was no part number for what we needed. The part was shown but, no number. That's when I contacted Suburban for help and got no satifaction. We have purchase a Atwood. I and happy with this stove/oven. We went a bit bigger. We are just really down on Suburban right now.