Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2022, 05:43 AM   #41

In case anyone is interested you can get a new Wally from dishformyrv.com for $49. Sale ends tomorrow.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:46 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
Following
Does the 'subcribe to this thread' not work for you?
jgriffin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:04 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
In case anyone is interested you can get a new Wally from dishformyrv.com for $49. Sale ends tomorrow.
Dish does say it may be a remanufactured Wally.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:26 PM   #44

I have had Direct TV and Dish.

Believe what you will but DISH has ABSOULTELY THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!

The idiots at customer service have to all be blonde as one even told me Dish doesn't have the $5 monthly RV service if you have DISH service at your home residence.

And NEVER EVER get one an auto pay system with them. When they overcharge you on your credit card, you get the card company to reverse the charges, DISH will re-charge you next month.

Don't bother to ask how I know all this. I still have DISH 'cause I was stupid and signed their contract and it would cost about 1/2 K to get out of it....and they have already ripped me for about $250 I do not own them but can't get anyplace with that rip off outfit even with action by the State Attorney Generals office.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:38 PM   #45

wow, I have never had problems with them and I been a customer since 1996 (yes, echostar 1). Sure there have been contract disputes with the local providers thinking they are going to hold dish hostage. Sure I have had a bad CSR from time to time but every company has been that way since USA decided they would farm out all the jobs to overseas.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:41 PM   #46

Thumbs down Portable satellite dish

Is Dish Network preferred over Direct TV, had Direct, was not happy
Pontoon Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:42 PM   #47

Sattelite dish

I have one I would like to sell if you are interested. It is a Winegard carryout G2+. Used it with direct tv with no problems. Can also use it with dish I believe.
jbeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:55 PM   #48

Pathfinder X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwfahs View Post
I am going to be spending the summer in a fairly remote area
and was looking at portable systems. I don't have experience with sat TV so would like to hear some recommendations.
Thanks
We had a tailgater but was in a very remote area and a valley with just a clearing at the bottom and had mixed results so we upgraded to the Pathfinder X2 and had always good results with a '50 foot coax to get it in a clearing.
maxxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:55 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Don View Post
Yes, we much prefer Dish over Direct, especially for the RV. Dish actually has a dedicated RV (mobile) tech support division that we have used several times. Always had excellent service.
We call them everytime we are out of our local service area to change the service zip code so we can get the locals. Easy.
Now if they they would only allow you to change it yourself with the app. But so far that is not available to those of us with service at home and RV.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:26 PM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota 1120 View Post
I have had Direct TV and Dish.

Believe what you will but DISH has ABSOULTELY THE MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!

The idiots at customer service have to all be blonde as one even told me Dish doesn't have the $5 monthly RV service if you have DISH service at your home residence.

And NEVER EVER get one an auto pay system with them. When they overcharge you on your credit card, you get the card company to reverse the charges, DISH will re-charge you next month.

Don't bother to ask how I know all this. I still have DISH 'cause I was stupid and signed their contract and it would cost about 1/2 K to get out of it....and they have already ripped me for about $250 I do not own them but can't get anyplace with that rip off outfit even with action by the State Attorney Generals office.
Had Direct TV before and hated them. Have had Dish TV for the past 20 years and they've been great. Far superior customer service over Direct TV.
Just shows you how two different people can have completely different experiences.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:46 PM   #51

Dish Tailgator

I love our dish tailgator. I use it in my yard in my gazebo in the summers and I have one for our camper and have 3 tvs Bedroom living room and outside. I like the tailgator cause it can do 2 tvs at the same time. So when we are outside I hook up the second one (which I use for the bedroom at night) for outside. Living room gets the main plug in. We been using this since 2016. LOVE IT. I did a lot of research for what would be best for our use since we are glampers. LOL
Old 05-09-2022, 08:50 PM   #52

NOt sure what programming you have but we have dish on the go so we pay month by month and quit service when we store the camper. We have had awesome service cause I call them all the time to start and stop and if I run into any issues they been awesome. Been with them since 2016. Sorry your having issues.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:04 PM   #53

I also have the pathfinder. Awesome unit. Somewhat large but will completely find the satellites buy itself. Easiest setup ever. But like any unit you need a clear view of the southwestern sky to make it work
dicknlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:55 AM   #54

We have the Dish Playmaker antenna with the Wally receiver and we are very happy with it. We live in Maryland but use it mostly when wintering in Florida. It can receive both east and west ARCs including a mixture (hybrid mode) of the two.
Definitely don't use more than a 50 foot cable and in fact Wineguard tech support won't even talk to you if do. Use the Dish people for accounting issues and Wineguard for tech support. Winguard is always very knowledgeable and helpful.
Avoid using existing interior cables when using a 50 foot exterior cable but a 25 foot cable is probably ok. The necessary length is determined by how far you need to position the antenna to get a clear view of the satellite you are shooting for.
pete100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:59 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Dish does say it may be a remanufactured Wally.
I didnít read the fine print. My bad.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:16 AM   #56

Satellite dishes

We have been traveling for years. When we started out we purchased a dish and it was always a problem. We now use our cell phones with a dongle. We have unlimited data, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, and Netflix. We are seldom without something and have given up bringing movies. I wouldn't go back to the Sattelite mess again. We last year took a trip from SC to New Mexico, then another from SC to the UP of Michigan we never ran into a situation that we didn't have something to watch.
snuelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Don View Post
First got Direct TV in the 90's - purchased the equipment and set it up w/my son. Service was always excellent, never an issue and never needed any customer service or warranty work on the equipment.

When moved about 12 years ago, opted for Dish to have service in the RV to have for the month now and again in the summer when using the camper. With Direct, you have to buy on an annual basis and so monthly service option was the only reason went with Dish.

Then when tired of local cable company interruptions, put Dish in the house on a 2 year contract and had billing issues from the onset a siged up for autopay. Dish charged full rate at the house AND full rate on the camper even tho not using the camper.

Programming with either is about equal.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:53 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuelken View Post
We have been traveling for years. When we started out we purchased a dish and it was always a problem. We now use our cell phones with a dongle. We have unlimited data, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, and Netflix. We are seldom without something and have given up bringing movies. I wouldn't go back to the Sattelite mess again. We last year took a trip from SC to New Mexico, then another from SC to the UP of Michigan we never ran into a situation that we didn't have something to watch.
Glad streaming works for you. There are many of us who frequent areas with no cell signal at all. It is why we go there So for us, satellite is the answer.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:29 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood422 View Post
Thatís what I use along with an external hard drive for DVR. I get reliable signal as long as I keep the cord at 50í or less. At home I use more than 125í. It works but itís not as reliable.
I also have the Dish and love it. Could I ask about the external hard drive for DVR. How do I find out how that works?
lizst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizst View Post
I also have the Dish and love it. Could I ask about the external hard drive for DVR. How do I find out how that works?
https://my.dish.com/upgrades/product...nal-hard-drive

There are also lots of other articles about using it. And you don't have to get a drive from Dish. Get a compatible one from Best Buy or the like when they are on sale.

Tags
lite, satellite