Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #1

Television speakers

I have a Tracer 2600 which has a Legend television and a Jensen radio/CD player. There are wires coming out of the audio jacks on the TV, leading me to believe that I should be able to play the TV through the speakers mounted in the ceiling. I cannot, however, find any control on the Jensen player indicating an aux input setting. Does anyone else have this setup, and have you discovered a way to do it?
rchbih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #2

I have same issue contacted dealer no solution would be interested in any responses.
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
Site Team

If your setups are anything like mine, you can't play the TV sound through the overhead speakers.

When I play a DVD I can get the sound through them but when I'm just watching regular OTA television, the only sound I get is from the TV speakers.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
If your setups are anything like mine, you can't play the TV sound through the overhead speakers.

When I play a DVD I can get the sound through them but when I'm just watching regular OTA television, the only sound I get is from the TV speakers.
You probably can, you just have to take the time to set it up right. I did it in my Flagstaff, and it's on the to-do list for the Surveyor. You just need to find an audio-out on the TV that you can route back into an Aux-in on the radio.

That said, back to the OP's question:

Most likely it's not been wired that way from the factory. On my rig, there was only a video cable originally between the TV and the radio. I had to add the appropriate cabling (in my case a 1/8th stereo plug to RCA cable) to get the TV's sound into an unused AUX-in port on the back of my radio. In my BIL's rig, he had audio cables, but they were hooked up wrong. They had hooked up an audio input on the TV to an audio input on the radio. My suggestion is to pull the radio, look behind the TV, and correct the wiring to what you really want.

At the same time, you can probably do a little upgrading. In my case, I had added another 1/8th to RCA cable, so I can plug in an iPod, phone, etc, and a HDMI drop so I can plug in our Lightning-to-Digital AV adapter for playing movies off the iPad. In the new rig, we have one of those sound bars with a stand alone DVD player connected via composite cables that then runs the video to the TV. I intend to swap that around and replace the DVD with a Blu-Ray, run it HDMI into the TV, and leverage the optical out on the TV into an Optical in on the sound bar so I can improve the picture quality of what we're watching.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
You probably can, you just have to take the time to set it up right. I did it in my Flagstaff, and it's on the to-do list for the Surveyor. You just need to find an audio-out on the TV that you can route back into an Aux-in on the radio.
I just simply bought a soundbar and plugged that into my TV. It works well enough for when I'm watching Saved By the Bell or Brady Bunch reruns on Sunday mornings.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Those wires to the TV from the stereo are so that the DVD player will play on your TV.

To get your TV sound to the stereo will require a cable from the TV's headphone jack to the input on the stereo unit.

But if your TV doesn't have a headphone jack (lots of them don't nowdayz), then you'll need to get a cable with RCA jacks on one end to plug into the TV's audio out and a mini plug (headphone plug) on the other end to plug into the AUX input on the Jensen.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Post a photo of the connections on the back of your TV and the input connections on the back of your Jensen.

This is certainly possible to do; we just need to see the connections in order to advise you how to do it.

You may need a digital audio "out" to RCA input to the radio to do it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/With-Fiber-...oAAOSwZvRaaY1b
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchbih View Post
I have a Tracer 2600 which has a Legend television and a Jensen radio/CD player. There are wires coming out of the audio jacks on the TV, leading me to believe that I should be able to play the TV through the speakers mounted in the ceiling. I cannot, however, find any control on the Jensen player indicating an aux input setting. Does anyone else have this setup, and have you discovered a way to do it?
I have a different rig, but if your Jensen unit is the model JWM6A or similar, one of the mode choices (radio, bluetooth, etc) should be HDMI ARC. That setting on mine automatically plays the TV sound through the ceiling speakers. I believe the ARC is audio return channel and HDMI cabling between units is involved. Good luck.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180905-113653_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	185517

Tags
television