Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #21

I have tested my ac again tonight,still will not come on after reaching set temp.temperature went from 72 degrees to 79 .I turned thermostat off then back on. Fan and compressor started right back up. I had purchased the new thermostat and control box as a kit. The kit contains new wiring harness which I did not use. I am going to install the new wiring tomorrow. Hopefully this will fix this problem. I am at a loss of what to do if this does not work.I have read through at least 100 posts on this forum as well as rv.net and Irv2 trying to come up with a solution to this problem. I found more than 10 fellow forum members with this same condition. You would think that Dometic would know what is wrong,however, this is not the case. If I get this fixed, you can count on me to post what cured the problem. I really appreciate the replies To this thread.
geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #22

geo m, can you post a link to the kit you bought?
Crop Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:33 AM   #23

RV Parts, RV Accessories RV Supplies Priced Low. Part 3313189.000
Old 09-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #24
Site Team

There's been enough problems with these digital units, that once out of warranty, at the first sign of trouble, I'll be replacing ours with an analog control unit and a off the shelf thermostat.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #25

Smile

Finally success with my ac. I spoke to a lady at Dometic this mourning who really knows what is going on with the ac. I found out from her that the freeze sensor not only shuts the ac down when the evaporator core freezes,but also controls temp signal to or from thermostat. She told me to relocate the sensor wire to another location in the evaporator core and allow wire to hang lower in the return. I placed the sensor higher in the evaporator core. She also said to be sure that the return was sealed from the intake . I did find some cold air coming through around the white foam divider. I resealed the return using aluminum foil tape. I ran the ac tonight through three full on and off thermostat cycles. The unit worked as it should without having to touch the thermostat.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #26
Site Team

That's great info. Our freeze sensor is located about 3" from the bottom of the evaporator.

I never knew that it was also the temperature sensor for the thermostat. I'm not sure about that. If it was the ambient temp sensor, it would only control the temp of the air coming into the return and not the ambient temp in the space. I may be reading that wrong.

Anyway, thanks for posting what you were told. Every bit of info about these units help.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #27

I am not completely sure about the freeze sensor but while trying to get the unit to come on,I held the sensor in my hand for about a minute which caused the unit to come back on.I realize that my fix could have been sealing the return from the intake. I moved the sensor up (midway) in the evaporator at the same time as the resealing. Either way,it is working now and I really appreciate all the help that you guys gave me. I am glad that I was able to get it fixed without a trip to my dealership.I do not like the idea of having my tt sitting there for weeks awaiting repair. I spent a little over $100 but it was worth the learning experience. I know my way around this ac now.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #28
Site Team

Glad it's working for you.

I took my single zone thermostat apart today and the ambient temperature is a small thermistor in the lower right hand corner on the face of the board.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #29

veraken do you have 2 units that you are running when your problem occurred.
I was running two units in 95-100 degree weather when the same thing happened to mine. I got an E1 code on my display.
is that what happened to your unit.
Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #30
usnrete8

Thanks for posting the Dometic Single Zone Thermostat instructions, now I know why my a/c fan runs continuously when Cool is selected and doesn't cycle with the a/c compressor, and also why my a/c fan also runs continuously when Furnace is selected. I obviously need to do a System Initialization and re-set the fan operation for both Cool and Furnace modes.
ds41crane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, dometic, thermostat