Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #1

Thinking the A/C comp fried

Last year my trailer was setup for a while at a park with 30 amp power. Everywhere I go is 30 amp, trailer only has 1 a/c unit. Brisk 2, 13500.

One day I noticed the unit making some weird noise and not too cool inside. I turned it off. At the time i'd checked the power post and it was I want to say 108 volts or so (trying to go off memory)

I neglected to test/check it once back home and tried this past weekend. No cooling. The fan is running fine but no compressor.

I'm going to climb up there this week to check the compressor. From what I have figured out there should be 3 terminals on it. Ohm out from one to another checking for resistance. If there is any opens then it's bad. After that check from the body of the motor to the terminals. Looking for grounded circuits.

I remember a while back reading what low volts causes with the a/c. I can't remember though if it's the capacitors going bad or frying the compressor.

I guess final question is, can a compressor be replaced or are these things throw aways?

Thanks!

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie_guy View Post
Last year my trailer was setup for a while at a park with 30 amp power. Everywhere I go is 30 amp, trailer only has 1 a/c unit. Brisk 2, 13500.

One day I noticed the unit making some weird noise and not too cool inside. I turned it off. At the time i'd checked the power post and it was I want to say 108 volts or so (trying to go off memory)

I neglected to test/check it once back home and tried this past weekend. No cooling. The fan is running fine but no compressor.

I'm going to climb up there this week to check the compressor. From what I have figured out there should be 3 terminals on it. Ohm out from one to another checking for resistance. If there is any opens then it's bad. After that check from the body of the motor to the terminals. Looking for grounded circuits.

I remember a while back reading what low volts causes with the a/c. I can't remember though if it's the capacitors going bad or frying the compressor.

I guess final question is, can a compressor be replaced or are these things throw aways?

Thanks!
You can replace fan motors and capacitors and fan blades but the rest is throw away.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote