Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #21

The vehicle I hooked it up to was a Pleasureway RV. I purchased the backup camera at Auto Zone about 60 bucks.
aldman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
I just purchased a backup camera from Amazon with a 7" display, Wireless.
Digital wireless Kit BY LeeKooLuu. Works fantastic for a price of $159.00,
shipping free.

LeeKooLuu

did you have to drill any holes into your trailer to install this camera? Was your trailer pre-wired for the furrion camera? If so were you able to use the holes drilled for that mount to install the new camera?

I did go ahead and purchase the furrion camera but am thinking of taking it back for a camera similar to the one you got, unless I have to drill new holes, if that's the case I'll just still with the furrion.

Thanks
RooBeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBeDo View Post
did you have to drill any holes into your trailer to install this camera? Was your trailer pre-wired for the furrion camera? If so were you able to use the holes drilled for that mount to install the new camera?

I did go ahead and purchase the furrion camera but am thinking of taking it back for a camera similar to the one you got, unless I have to drill new holes, if that's the case I'll just still with the furrion.

Thanks
The vehicle I attached it to was a Pleasureway a class "B" Motorized RV.

The rear view wireless camera came with a camera which I mounted to the license plate frame. A transmitter which was mounted to the inside of the rear door was wired to the same wiring as camera. These were powered by the license plate light. The receiver was set on dashboard and plugged into cigarette lighter.
Turn the lights on and all devices, camera, transmitter and plugged in receiver powerup you backup camera is active.
With the lights in the camera and transmitter are active at all times the lights are on. So driving down the road the rear view camera is active as long as the lights are on. Helps driver in driving on the road and backing up. Just remember to turn lights off after use. Hopefully this helps.

BTW I don't have this vehicle any more. Stepped up in Class to an "A". Good luck and Happy Motoring.
aldman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBeDo View Post

Thanks
I removed the furion plate to access the wires then mounted the camera to the plate and reattached.
rmanduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #25

I got tired of screwing around, had a 10% coupon from CW and the Furrion was on sale. So bit the bullet. Install was super easy, nice mount and gasket, a little silicone on the back of the gasket to seal things up, two butt connectors to connect the camera and all is wonderful. Have not towed yet but in the driveway it is crystal clear.

My main goal was to be able to see my dirtbike on the back rack of the 5er and this will work very well. Shakedown this weekend.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:04 PM   #26
Trailer Park Supervisor

Rmanduch, any pics would be appreciated. Geo Pro I ordered comes prewired for Furrion with mount. Still don't have trailer yet. If I know what wires do what, I don't mind cutting splicing, whatever to make a different, better, and cheaper brand work.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #27

tadi brothers website Sells backup/observation cameras. They even have an adapter to go from the furion mount to their cameras. Price is not much different but the camera I purchased has a wider field of view and a larger monitor. It's great for seeing what is coming up behind you before changing lanes but I'm not so sure it is ok for backing up. Maybe I'm just not used to it for that yet. https://www.tadibrothers.com/categor...SAAEgJ8WPD_BwE
tdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #28
Trailer Park Supervisor

Here is an excellent post about mounting your camera or using a different brand
Adding a Furrion Backup Camera to the RV.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:58 AM   #29

I will have a class C soon and want to add a backup/rearview camera and navigation system. I've been researching the Garmin RV 770 LMT-S which recommends BC™ 30 rear camera. Does anyone have this system? I am wondering if I have the camera mounted to my marker lights for power if I can use it as a rear view camera so I can see my toad. Does anyone have this system? If you do I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks
roadgurl is offline   Reply With Quote