Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #1

toggle switch

just bought a 2010 cherokee 30 f and it has a toggle switch that i dont know what its for. it lights up red when you turn it on . but it isnt labeled. its in the kitchen beside the tank monitor control.
dsruffneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

It could be for the water pump...can you hear anything when you switch it on?

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

the water pump switch is on the system monitor. maybe its a water heater switch but seems like it would be labeled! the owners manual is no help because they make 1 manual that covers all their trailers and it doesnt show it. Thought about calling a dealer. i will find out eventually as we begin to use trailer but when you turn it on it is red and i thought well it must be important.thanks for the input , this my first trailer. I guess Ill be an old grisseled veteran before too long .
dsruffneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
aka Windjammer2012

It could be the switch for the water heater. Some WH's use propane OR 110v. Have your WH full, don't use the WH switch on the control panel (it's for propane mode), then flip the switch in question. Wait for half hour and check at a faucet for hot water. I had this switch on a 2000 model trailer and since your's is a used 2010 the label could have fallen off or been removed for whatever reason. CAUTION - my water is hotter using 110v than propane but at least saving cost of propane while plugged in to 110v. And make sure you DON"T use both at the same time. One heater element will burn out the other...so I have been told.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
2004 GMC 2500 HD CC Longbed
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #5

How about the water, grey and black tank heater? I have a 2012 V-Cross 276
and that is were it is.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindJammer2012 View Post
...And make sure you DON"T use both at the same time. One heater element will burn out the other...so I have been told.
Think you were told wrong. Have always used both at the same time on all trailers and never had a wh problem. They are two independent systems. Running both will give you a much faster recovery.

BUT, you must have water in the tank BEFORE using the electrical portion of the wh.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindJammer2012 View Post
And make sure you DON"T use both at the same time. One heater element will burn out the other...so I have been told.
Not true.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

SW10PE Porcelain-lined, steel water heaters feature an anode rod to "absorb" the electrolytic action, ensuring that your water heater lasts longer. With the fastest recovery in the industry of 10.2 gallons, these water heaters give you more hot water. Copolymer insulation jackets specially fit the tank to retain heat. For higher recovery, use the gas and optional electric element water heaters which use a 1,440 watt element to recover an additional 6 gallons per hour. Water heaters with re-ignitor eliminate the need to relight the pilot. Easy to install, operate and maintain. Ten gallon features 12,000 BTUs and is 16-7/32"Hx16-7/32"Wx20-1/2"D. Cutout size 16-3/8"Hx16-3/8"W.*
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote