Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 PM   #1

TOGO reviews

I'm looking for real world reviews of the TOGO system with Roadlink. Everyone touts the 30.00/month data but how does the device actually work? Does it adequately boost Data speed and/or wifi? Seems like a great and simple solution, if it works. I've searched and cannot find a "real" review.

nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #2

togo

I am interested in the togo for the same obvious reasons. The reviews I have read, and seen, are mostly positive. The RV miles (Myles) u-tube review was mostly positive. Check that out

RockinH Bill and Shannon
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Concours
Rockinh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
CRiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
I'm looking for real world reviews of the TOGO system with Roadlink. Everyone touts the 30.00/month data but how does the device actually work? Does it adequately boost Data speed and/or wifi? Seems like a great and simple solution, if it works. I've searched and cannot find a "real" review.
I have installed the Togo unit on my motorhome roof. It is meant to receive not boost WiFi and cell data signal. So far with marginal ATT signal it works fine.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariley View Post
I have installed the Togo unit on my motorhome roof. It is meant to receive not boost WiFi and cell data signal. So far with marginal ATT signal it works fine.

Thanks, anything to compare it to? Did you have another type of signal booster before?
Old 11-01-2019, 08:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinh View Post
I am interested in the togo for the same obvious reasons. The reviews I have read, and seen, are mostly positive. The RV miles (Myles) u-tube review was mostly positive. Check that out
Yes, I watched that video, he was VERY upbeat but mostly went on and on about the price but he did say they had a lot of devices connected and it was good.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #6

well I dove in. Amazon for 365 free shipping. With tax right at 400 to the door. Hope to get it tomorrow or Wednesday, heading out Thursday for 4 nights at Cava Robles in Paso Robles, hope to have a review on Tuesday for everyone. Should be a 15 minute install by routing power down through refer. vent.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
well I dove in. Amazon for 365 free shipping. With tax right at 400 to the door. Hope to get it tomorrow or Wednesday, heading out Thursday for 4 nights at Cava Robles in Paso Robles, hope to have a review on Tuesday for everyone. Should be a 15 minute install by routing power down through refer. vent.
Any update? Curious about this myself.
mxtreme30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

Question

Bueller....Bueller....

Sorry to annoy, but would like first hand experience on this. At my sticks and bricks I have AT&T Uverse that I hate due to only being able to get max of 3Mbps and it cost more than this setup. If I could use this at home with a 12V transformer and be able to take it with us on trips it would be great.
Only other ISP near us is a wireless company that wants about $60/ month for up to 12Mbps. So this would be cheaper in the long run.

TIA!
mxtreme30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:53 AM   #9

Sorry for lack of update. Got it mounted a couple of weeks ago. JUST got wifi to connect last night. Getting bugs worked out for data with ATT. All totally my fault.

the setup is pretty critical as I read in the reviews and I muffed it. I take total responsibility for the problems I'm having.

wifi-could not connect to my home router, found out I was entering MY password incorrectly, total bone head. Tech. support was very helpful, once I talked to them; they're central time and we're Pacific so had to take time out of the office two mornings to stay home and get help when they're open.

ATT-had an issue with my credit card, tried my Am Ex card and security at Am Ex flagged it, the delay in my accepting the charge caused the account to be bounced, once that happened they wiped out the SIM card so had to go to ATT store and the solution was to replace the card, cost $5.00. Now having issue getting that SIM card connected, error message states "already in use" so may need to replace it again.

Performance-can only comment on wifi, see no difference while connected to my home modem/wifi, speed and connectivity are fine.

So far my advice is to CAREFULLY go step by step through the setup and if you have any restrictions on your CC call ahead and make sure it will clear without interruption.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:21 PM   #10

FINALLY got data plan set up and connected. Trailer is sitting in my driveway next to my house so not a good test (home wifi and cell service are pretty good at the sticks/bricks). switching between wifi and data takes a minute or two but does connect fine. anxious to see how it works "in the field". It's a really nice piece of equipment. Instructions are decent and it comes with everything you need, including about 3x more screws than you can use. I ran the power wire down through the refer vent, power center is directly below refer so ran wire down through hole in refer platform and found 3 unused 12v circuits, picked up 3A fuse and wired it in, now has its own dedicated circuit with proper overload protection....Perfect.

If you mess up on registering with ATT you'll need to replace the SIM card, which I did.........TWICE! But it's easy to do.

One nice thing is that the router gives you a firewall so you're protected when logged into a campground free wifi. Might add some buffering too.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:35 AM   #11

TOGO For 3 Months Now

I bought my new Georgetown 3 months ago and had the TOGO installed by the dealer before delivery. I had a Chevy 2500 with the Onstar WiFi and thats what attracted me to this. First and foremost, I am not an AT&T fan, but they are the only one offering these plans
The Togo has worked well. There have been a few minor glitches, mostly in areas with little to no AT&T cell service. Let me put it this way, where I can get one bar of AT&T, I stream YouTube TV no problem. The biggest tech tip I can give is learn the TOGO App, because thats where you initiate your re-boot when you have reception problems. I have called Winegard Tech Support and they have been great, but it can take hours to get thru to them. In the App, read the status bubble. If it says "no Sim detected" you must climb onto the roof and remove a small cover, eject the sim and place it back in and reboot the system. This only happened once, but it would be good to know. I have been in 6 locations so far from my driveway (ATT sucks there, but TOGO works.) Other locations Range from Vermont, Wisconsin to Alabama (currently) and it works great. My wife makes jewelry and she can watch youtube videos as we drive down the road. I stream TV on all 3 TV's and have about 7 devices connected. I give it a thumbs up!
Ohmygodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:50 AM   #12

I own a Roadlink C2. The initial set up was a little cumbersome (maybe it’s my simple mind ha!) but once set up, it works great! I have 7 different devices connected without issue. I have not had to deal with the “lag monster.”

I only use the 4G because there is not a WiFi signal to connect to at my location.

I would recommend this product for sure!

Also, customer support has been spectacular! The first unit I purchased was defective. The replacement came quickly. If I have had tech questions I have either sent an email or a massage through messenger. Both forms of communication have been affective.
Merlin80232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #13

I should add... I found out the hard way that using the 4G will not allow you to watch Hulu. Hulu apparently does not work on a hotspot (at least this is what I was told from tech support). Very disappointing. So I bought a Winegard amped indoor antenna for locals and subscribed to Philo ($20 a month) that has some very popular channels.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariley View Post

When I have tried to connect via Wi-Fi, it gives me a Wi-Fi list to jump off of but does not appear to create its own Wi-Fi connectivity. Am I missing something?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin80232 View Post
When I have tried to connect via Wi-Fi, it gives me a Wi-Fi list to jump off of but does not appear to create its own Wi-Fi connectivity. Am I missing something?

yes, during wifi setup it should seek out and list all available wifi, but it doesn't tell you which are secure. They told me only to connect to above 50% signal strength, not sure if that is always or just for setup.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #16

I kind of understand what you’re talking about but the problem is that every Wi-Fi it shows up on my list is password-protected. So there is no way to even temporarily connect.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin80232 View Post
I kind of understand what you’re talking about but the problem is that every Wi-Fi it shows up on my list is password-protected. So there is no way to even temporarily connect.

you need a wifi connection for initial set up. If you or your spouse has a hot spot you can connect to that for setup purposes (using your phone to connect).

I did mine at home where I have wifi.

If you have the TOGO follow the instructions carefully. You should be able to log into the TOGO without any problems from your cell. Do a wifi search and it should come up, click on it and do your setup. Once the phone sees the TOGO you should be able to go to the device (called C2) and open it, then you will get the option of what input signal you connect to. If there's no "open" networks then you have a problem. Are you in a park with free or for purchase wifi? If not you'll need another source.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:56 AM   #18

Final review. 100% success. Spent the last week in the RV, most at Quartzsite. Had good ATT signal at all times. Went to Tucson for two days to visit family. Didn't even bother with the park WIFI, just used my data, again worked flawlessly. Nice to know you're secure on your own network. Even gave friends the log in so they had wifi next to us. Well worth the setup hassles (which were my own doing).