Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
Here is a link to state by state regulations. It does include what states have what restrictions.
https://www.rvtripwizard.com/rv-info...-road-laws.php

My Gamin GPS gives me alert to turn off propane in NY. Which according to this is only restricted in certain location.
yes this is call nit picking and if you read my early post I also said such things but not roads per say.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #42

OP, I think it defauts to electric when in AUTO mode and by electric, means shore power (and or Genny) .

I travel in Auto or Gas mode.... When dry camping I also leave in Gas mode... which leaves all my genny run time power to charge my batteries.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #43

You must have a 1000w generator if it can't handle converter and fridge together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaldwin View Post
OP, I think it defauts to electric when in AUTO mode and by electric, means shore power (and or Genny) .

I travel in Auto or Gas mode.... When dry camping I also leave in Gas mode... which leaves all my genny run time power to charge my batteries.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
You must have a 1000w generator if it can't handle converter and fridge together.
No... 2000w.... i just figure gas is cheap for fridge.... and normally recharging phones and such when running genny.... figured it made sense to just leave fridge on gas than auto to max genny power for other things including charging. Am I wrong. Dont really know.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #45

A 60A converter putting out 60A is going to have a 1000w input consumption. Most likely, it will be FAR less unless you have lithium batteries.

If course, for the small amount of time you run your generator, the amount of propane you are saving is neglible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaldwin View Post
No... 2000w.... i just figure gas is cheap for fridge.... and normally recharging phones and such when running genny.... figured it made sense to just leave fridge on gas than auto to max genny power for other things including charging. Am I wrong. Dont really know.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #46

I drive with my frig running til I get to where I'm camping. Never any problems.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, towing