Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Arkie4BU

Troubleshooting satellite wiring

I need help on how to troubleshoot my trailer satellite wiring. I have a 2017 Flagstaff 27BEWS. I also have a Wingard Pathways 2 with a Dish ViP211z receiver. Both of those are working as I can run the cable directly from the satellite to the receiver and from the receiver to the television via HDMI and it works.

However, when I connect the satellite to the satellite connection on the outside of the trailer and run a cable from the Aux/Sat connection to the receiver, it does not get a signal. Obviously the problem is between the connection on the outside, the Aux/Sat connection and the cable to the receiver.

What tool/device would you recommend to test the connectivity of these connectors? I'd appreciate any other suggestions. It worked this morning but I disconnected the television today to move it outside, running the cable directly from the satellite the receiver. When I moved it back inside, I can get it to connect again running it through the trailer.
arkie4bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #2

I would verify that the cable connections are not mixed up. I have a cable and satellite connection inside and outside and I doubt they are verified at the factory but they have a 50/50 chance. If you swap the connections inside and outside there will only be 4 options. If that doesn't give you a signal you do have a problem.
Okmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #3

On my trailer the connectors were very loose inside the walls.
mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #4
Arkie4BU

I disconnected everything and reconnected them all. It works now. Not sure where the loose connection was. Isn't that how it usually happens: You work for an hour on something and after you ask for help, then it suddenly starts working. Thanks for your time.
arkie4bu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite, wiring