Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #1

Trying to Figure out the TV Hook Up

I am trying to figure out how the Hook Up For Cable / Sat works.
Out side I have what looks like the place to connect.

And

Then under the TV

I also Have a out let in the bedroom and another outside next to Grill mount.

Plus to ad to the complexity we have a Genesis system.

Would anyone have any info, tips, or a links to helpful info or videos?
bnickelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
Site Team

You posted the same pic 2x although I'm not sure it matters.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Connect the cable (if that's what you're using) to the left input and if you're using satellite connect it to the right coax connection - those are INPUTS. Your bedroom and your other outside connections are OUTPUTS. So if you're putting cable, that's what you're getting on you're outputs. What you're routing through the Genesis system will be your audio (from the TV/Radio/SiriusXM) and DVD output to the TV. The only thing remaining will be the button (usually inside one of the cabinets of the entertainment center) where you select whether you want CABLE/SAT or ANTENNA..

Hope that helps a little......
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #4

Here is what I think but we don't have the same trailer so your results may vary. If you have cable available hook it to the left hand connector outside labeled Cable. Inside have the bottom connector labeled TV go to your TV. There is a small button next to that connector, if you push it so the little blue light comes on you will see signals from your rooftop antenna. If you push it so it is off you will see the signals from the outside cable hookup. If you have a Sat Dish setup you hook that to the right connector outside and it comes in on the top connector inside labeled Sat/Aux. That would then most likely go to a Sat Dish control box.

The outside connector by the grill should duplicate what comes out the bottom TV connector.

The connection labeled Bedroom Satelitte in I THINK is just a wire leading to your bedroom connector. It can be used however you need it to work. If you want it to also duplicate what goes to your main TV then you will need a splitter so both can get the signal from the bottom connector labeled TV.

One point of caution, on many trailers it has been reported that the 2 connectors outside have been reversed. Mine was like that too. I took off the outside box and reversed them.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

The cable side connector on the (dual input) outside box was very short and made it hard to screw my lead into it. So I removed the outside box, disconnected the "cable" side and turned the connector around. I found the inside post was longer. This really helped in the connection process while standing in the wind and or rain. Full time five years now. whoop! whoop!
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
The cable side connector on the (dual input) outside box was very short and made it hard to screw my lead into it. So I removed the outside box, disconnected the "cable" side and turned the connector around. I found the inside post was longer. This really helped in the connection process while standing in the wind and or rain. Full time five years now. whoop! whoop!
I use these quick connect adapters. Technically it is not quite as good a connection as with a threaded connector but I have never seen the difference. It turns a frustrating task into a one second success!
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #7

Due to personal experience.... make sure the box is turned off or unplugged....i have zapped / fried 3 cable lines by have the box turned on
:/

John and Aptil
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Ford F350 7.3 Powerstroke Crewcab
Full Time
qalaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #8
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Oh by the way..... there is a little black button inside the TV connector. Very small but very important. When depressed a small light (close by it) will come on. This will energize the antenna side of watching TV. Without the light being on I doubt you will get antenna reception...
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote