Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #1

TV Antenna Amp Location on FR 3051S?

I'm trying to diagnose poor TV reception on our 3051 MH. Winegard Sensar antenna with Magnadyne Video Control Switch (VCS-10). I haven't been able to locate an antenna amp plate as is shown in Winegard owner manual. Does anyone know if there's an antenna amp on this coach model? If so, where is it?

It appears that the Magnadyne switch box is the only amp in the system. The switch box has a 12v feed. I verified that the 12v feed is OK up to the connector, but can't tell if the switch box is working since it does not have a LED or on/off switch. We have nearly 30 available channels (including sub-channels) in Detroit metro area. I get only 2-4 ch thru the switch box. Get 10-12 when ant is connected directly to the TV (ant would not be amplified in this case). But I get 22 ch with a set of amp. rabbit ears sitting inside the coach!
I checked with Magnadyne tech support and they informed me that their switch box only uses the 12v to convert the RCA input (from DVD) to a signal for output on coax. It has no antenna / signal amp function. This is really starting to "bug" me. I've had several trips now with zero TV reception. Those 3 TV's in my coach are going to waste!!
dcogs15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, antenna, cat, location