Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #1

TV/DVD combination

What is the best small TV/DVD combination for the bedroom of my RV?
rodwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #2

What is the best? Dunno
I put a 24" RCA TV/DVD player in my BR with the mount so it could be hung outside. The reception/scan and picture quality is great(better than either the Toshiba or (now) Furrion in the LR) and the DVD function fine. BUT, volume level/ sound not so good. I ended up getting a small Insignia sound bar from BB for about 50 bucks. I used the HD hook and loop from 3M to attach it to bottom of TV. Now it works awesome, even outside. It's now 3 yrs old and have left in the TT over the winter. Only suggestion would be, pass on those that have a separate transformer for the TV. There aren't a lot of choices in TV/DVD players on the market
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #3

I put the 24 inch insignia combo in my bedroom which is small enough the lack of TV volume is not a problem. Very inexpensive at walmart
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #4

The best is an LED TV that operates off 12 volt DC as well as 110 AC. They use minimal watts when you are on battery power. I' ve owned NAXA, Supersonic and Artica brands - all are about the same. Decent picture, reliable DVD operation etc. They are also all the same because the sound is awful! For an add'l $25, invest in a "sound bar" that plugs into the audio out receptacle on the TV. Be sure it runs off internal rechargeable lithium battery. You will be amazed by how much better they sound. I've seen new models that already have a built in sound bar, but, have no experience with them. Ebay usually has best prices ... Amazon usually has best reviews. Disregard reviewers who complain about the sound - they haven't added the sound bar!
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd