Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #1

Tv mounting

Trying to figure out which tv mounting bracket to use when mounting a 32 inch tv. The bracket we got from wal mart, the screws look like they are too long and will go thru the wall. We just bought a wildwood xlite 2014. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Smith123111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #2

Guess you are wall mointing.
You can pick up a shorter set of screws. Make sure they hit the wood or metal studs in th he wall. You can pick up a stud finder to help with that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
NELA

We camped next to this FINE family this weekend. Awesome folks and that's putting it lightly!

We SO look forward to meeting/camping next to them again. Couldn't *ask* for better camping neighbors.

(you guys have DH's business card, so if you need more advice on various and sundry "stuff", he says give 'im a call...I read you question here to him and he started spoutin' advice from the shower stall)

P.S. How's that fantastic fan workin' for ya, now that you know where the power switch is?

Was great 'n with y'all!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
NELA

Does your TT wall have the mounting location marked already? It should, and if so, there's where you'll mount it. DH still has to mount the one in our BR, and the location is marked with black labels with the cable outlet already there.

DH said the same thing Whitlow did...shorter screws.

EDIT; DH just said...yep, it's marked, he saw the labels when he "toured" your TT...just use shorter screws, he says 3/4", depending on how thick your bracket is...if it's thick use 1".

Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #5

Thank you Whitlow!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #6

Yep Weezer you are correct it's marked in the living area and in the bedroom. Wonder if locations are different being the tv's will share the same wall?

Haven't used the fan yet but thank you for locating the switch for us!

We enjoyed meeting you guys and hope the dish works better for you guys. Hope to see you soon. I will email you my cell so we can try to catch up with each other again.

You guys travel safely today!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
NELA

I'ma private message the phone number for the 2nd year warranty for ya. You wanna get that nailed down soon. As I explained, since your dealer didn't tell you about it, FR will make an exception to the 10 day for you guys.

And DH says he'd love to play golf with ya there on that course where y'all live.

Check your PMs for how well that dish worked for us after y'all left. He just disconnected and loaded it up. We're gettin' ready to break camp and head back east. (sigh)

Old 04-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #8

The place marked on the wall indicates where a "backer plate" is located. This is usually thin metal or wood. Mount your bracket there with screws no longer than 1". Take care not to over tighten them as they can strip easily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #9

I just called Palomino service department about the tv mount backer to find out the physical size Surprise, they answered they answered the phone! He wasn't a lot of help. All he could tell me is that it is located between the wall studs which are on 16" centers. He said you should be able to find the studs by finding the little staple holes. Well I didn't find any holes in the paneling from staples. There is a little stick on label that says "tv mount". I asked if the label was in the center location of the mount surface. He didn't know, said he has never looked at them in assembly. I have a problem with service techs that don't know how a product is assembled. One company I worked for in sales had me work in product assembly for 6 months before I started making sales calls. I learned that there are no rocket surgeons on the production floor.
Anyway the backer board in Palomino's is 1/2" plywood so be careful how long the mounting screws are or you could punch through the wall. I would imagine the wood thickness is pretty universal. I don't know how wide the studs are so I would guess the backer board is somewhere around 13-14 inches wide. Don't now how high it is. To bad someone can't go out in the assembly area a take a photo of the wall with the backer board installed before the panel is mounted!! Question, does anyone know the dimensions of the aluminum wall studs. I don't need height just width and thickness (not metal gauge).
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #10

Kind of nutty isn't it? Here's a sticker to tell you somewhere close to where to mount it because no one really knows anything about this since a fairy comes in at night and does this for us... LOL
Old 04-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #11

I had the exact same issue with mine. They assured me the backer board was there, but I couldnt feel it when pushing on the wall. I gave up and mounted my 23 inch tv to the wooded stud and it worked great.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount