Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

TV not popping up

We just got a rear entertainment fifth wheel. We have the TV that comes up out of the entertainment center. This is our first trip out with it and the TV is not popping up. It makes a sound like it is trying to, but it does not move. The top is not stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks
bfuqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Missing Link

Is there any kind of pin or latch on it to keep it from bouncing while traveling?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #3

I do not see one. It worked while at the house.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
H2oski

Lift the top off, do you see the screw drive turning behind the tv? If it is turning something may be stripped. If the screw drive is turning use your hand and try to lift the tv a little bit while hitting the up button. you may be able to get it by the problem threads until you can get it fixed.

If the screw drive is not turning a shear pin my be broken.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Travelin Man

I have the Wildcat Sterling 32rl and that happened to our tv in the rear also. I had to remove the fireplace and behind that is the gear and motor assembly for the tv. we raised the tv and put clamps on the track to hold it up and then I replaced the pin in the bar that is attached to the gear mounted on the floor. It only worked for 2 more weeks before it broke that pin again. we took it into the dealer and they put in a complete new bracket and gear. mine was under warranty. the new gear assembly is a much better one than the one that came with the rig. if I had my rig here i would send you a pic of what i am talking about but it is in the shop for warranty work. take the fireplace out if you have one and run the switch that activates the tv and you will see where the pin is sheared in the gear area. if it is under warranty I would take it in to dealer, if not you can probably put in some kind of pin the hold it. I used a wood screw as we were traveling at the time.
Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #6

Thanks. This is a brand new camper so I will take it in Monday. Hope they will fix it right. This is issue #3 for our first trip out.